BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i have just traded in a honda cbf 1000 for a 2011 r1200r.
The bm will probably not be as quick as the honda but i hope it will make up in comfort and character. The new bike is being delivered to my home in hertfordshire england on the 18th of this month.I am looking forward to it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That's interesting. The Honda CBF1000 was one of the bikes I was also considering before purchasing the r1200r. Was it that uncomfortable? Its almost half the price of the Beemer which made it very attractive. Maintenance and accessories would also be lower on the Honda. I just want you to confirm that we both made a good decision and am looking forward to a complete comparison of the two bikes.

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
Welcome Hondaboy

WELCOME to the BMW R1200R Forum!

Would be very interested in your detailed comparison of the Honda vs the new Roadster. After you put a few thousand miles on the Beemer, put your thoughts together for us, please. Can't wait.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new purchase. You'll love the R1200R the more you ride it. Now you'll need to change your screen name ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
That's a good shot of the bike, Clem. Note that its a fully adjustable windscreen on the CBF1000. I've always liked Hondas having owned 2 VFRs and and a CBR954. Build quality is good and extremely reliable. Friend has the CBF919 and loves it.

Haven't had much of a chance to ride my new R1200R since I bought it. Still less than 500kms i've put on it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good picture clem but unfortunately its the wrong bike, i had the mk 2 which is quite a bit differant. Cbf1000fa is the model number. A big improvement on the mk1 (which i also had) but a lot more expensive ie £9350. I have also had 4 vfrs
A cb1300, a deauville,cb500, cbx 500, and 3 cbf1000s, hence the tag. I have however also owned a bmw r1150rs, r1150rt, k1200gt, k1300gt and a r1200rt.

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The boxer engine is very different from the Honda x4 but you're right about it have more character. Any bike can be quick and most will out perform the rider so to me any bike with 100+ bhp will be as quick as each other if ridden the same (I think that makes sense!!!)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome dave, my new bike will arrive around the 18th but i will be away on holiday, upside is i have something to look foreward to on my return. I will post my thoughts on the differances from the cbf once i put some miles on her.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Good picture clem but unfortunately its the wrong bike, i had the mk 2 which is quite a bit differant. Cbf1000fa is the model number. A big improvement on the mk1 (which i also had) but a lot more expensive ie £9350. I have also had 4 vfrs
A cb1300, a deauville,cb500, cbx 500, and 3 cbf1000s, hence the tag. I have however also owned a bmw r1150rs, r1150rt, k1200gt, k1300gt and a r1200rt.
First of, welcome and congrats on the new toy.

You have a good bike curriculum, I always liked Honda, although I never owned a motorcycle, I have a 1997 Accord, my dad bought new and then passed to me after destroying my Golf, believe it or not, car still running, and it's the one I use when visiting home.
I bought a 2008 CRV and sold it 2010, really liked it but didn't need it.

If I had the space I'd get a CB1100, really like the looks of that bike.

Anyways, enjoy your R

1 - 9 of 9 Posts