BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago I received the attached safety recall notice #20V-471 for my 2010 R12R. It covers multiple models from model years 2005 through 2011. It states that bikes that were affected by a 2013 recall for fuel pump issues are now subject to another recall — apparently, the remedy in that case has led to additional safety concerns. The notice states “When the remedy is available, the fuel pump will be replaced for free and should take about an hour.”

There’s no indication of whether this recall will be extended to other regulatory jurisdictions, but I thought I’d pass it along in case your bike may be affected and you haven’t received the notice for some reason.

Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for posting this! At the end of September I bought a 2011 R1200RT which this recall covers. I called BMW customer service and had them update their customer records.

·
Registered
2011 R1200R
20 Posts
i will add my appreciation to op for this info.

fwiw, i called dealer in denver to schedule an appt and they told me that germany is shut down and they don't expect new parts for at least 3 weeks - at least in the US

·
Registered
2011 R1200R
20 Posts
I had the recall done in january - it took about 90 mins. had to wait a few weeks for the parts to be available.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I had the recall done in january - it took about 90 mins. had to wait a few weeks for the parts to be available.
Is the fix a new fuel pump?
Did you only get the metal sleeve done on the first recall?

·
Registered
2011 R1200R
20 Posts
lee, i just got the bike this summer, so this is the only recall i've had done. my understanding is that the pump was replaced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts