BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I bought my first BMW this weekend, a 2016 R1200RS. Last few bikes include a 2006 Honda VFR, Triumph Bonneville and Hornet which are all great bikes but this is a bit of an upgrade from a riding perspective. I’ve only had a couple of days of riding the bike but so far I’ve found it fantastic! I’m still coming to terms with the settings and other bits and pieces and I’ll no doubt have some stupid questions at some point.

My usual daily routine involves a commute from Kent to London and back, about 35 miles each way so the current office closures have curtailed my daily riding for the moment. Look forward to learning more about BMW and the new bike.

Tim

·
Super Moderator
4,992 Posts
Welcome Tim.

With an RS you’re slightly overdressed for this forum but other than plasticware and handlebars, the R and RS are identical. 👍

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum. I did the A2 commute for many years, 35 miles would put you in Medway or Sevenoaks!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome Tim.

With an RS you’re slightly overdressed for this forum but other than plasticware and handlebars, the R and RS are identical. 👍
Thanks. I do like a naked, so I’ve kept my Yam XJR1300 for a bit of fun and summer riding but on my commute (if it ever starts again) I like a bit of protection from the winter weather.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Greetings and welcome to the forum. I did the A2 commute for many years, 35 miles would put you in Medway or Sevenoaks!!!
Spot on Dave. I’m about a mile past Sevenoaks. The commute is a good one, except for the very occasional angry nutter stuck in traffic bitterly resenting the bikes passing him or her by.....

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
Spot on Dave. I’m about a mile past Sevenoaks. The commute is a good one, except for the very occasional angry nutter stuck in traffic bitterly resenting the bikes passing him or her by.....
It must have improved, I always came across several nutters every day!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome! I'm a recent addition as well, with a 2016 R1200R acquired last month, and it's heaven! Coming from a Suzuki SV65 that I managed to add 75k US Miles to in 7 years of ownership. A 35 m commute sound just about right!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome! I'm a recent addition as well, with a 2016 R1200R acquired last month, and it's heaven! Coming from a Suzuki SV65 that I managed to add 75k US Miles to in 7 years of ownership. A 35 m commute sound just about right!
Thanks. Just got back in after an after work ride. Really enjoying the bike, it seems to do everything perfectly!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts