BMW R1200R Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2020 R1250R HP
407 Posts
Thanks everyone for the positive feed back.
Very much looking forward to less tinkering and more riding now.
Am still waiting on a rear hugger.

- Michael
Are you waiting for an Ilmberger hugger? I got mine in hand a few weeks ago ordered it in July :eek: it is beautiful though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
REALLY NICE!

Are you waiting for an Ilmberger hugger? I got mine in hand a few weeks ago ordered it in July :eek: it is beautiful though.
Yes! I've been waiting since about then as well.
It's encouraging to hear that you actually got yours! Gives me hope. They're telling me this month sometime.
I was thinking it would go well with the carbon fibre exhaust can.

- Michael

·
Registered
2020 R1250R HP
407 Posts

Yes! I've been waiting since about then as well.
It's encouraging to hear that you actually got yours! Gives me hope. They're telling me this month sometime.
I was thinking it would go well with the carbon fibre exhaust can.

- Michael
Despite the wait I'm quite pleased with mine. I also got the S1000XR extended front fender, which required a tiny adjustment to the mounting holes to bolt right up to my R. This was recommended by Ilmberger when I inquired about a longer front fender for the R.

You have inspired me to stop at a local body shop and get a paint quote on mine. I'm thinking maybe metallic sour apple green, next fall when my riding is winding down for the winter.

·
Registered
2020 R1250R HP
407 Posts
I see you're in MA, as am I. Gives me even more hope.

- Michael
I'm right off turnpike exit 62 I think? Used to be 8, Palmer. Maybe I'll see you on the road. I'll know that bike if I see it for sure.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I'm right off turnpike exit 62 I think? Used to be 8, Palmer. Maybe I'll see you on the road. I'll know that bike if I see it for sure.
I’m at the East end of the turnpike in Cambridge. My first BMW.
Am always keeping an eye out for other R’s, but seems we’re a rare breed on the road.
I plan to email Sandra at Limberger tonight to see if there’s any news.
- Michael

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Despite the wait I'm quite pleased with mine. I also got the S1000XR extended front fender, which required a tiny adjustment to the mounting holes to bolt right up to my R. This was recommended by Ilmberger when I inquired about a longer front fender for the R.

You have inspired me to stop at a local body shop and get a paint quote on mine. I'm thinking maybe metallic sour apple green, next fall when my riding is winding down for the winter.
Sean at CCRbike in Beacon Falls CT for paint work. A legend in the Ducati community.
- Michael

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
joining the chorus on two counts:
Looks great
Black is boringo_O...it's the absence of color; orange is anything but the absence of color

·
2,929 Posts
Reactions: Panzermann

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
joining the chorus on two counts:
Looks great
Black is boringo_O...it's the absence of color; orange is anything but the absence of color
This is the Ducati "burnt yellow" paint from the Sport Classic line. They know how to do color in Italy!
I've had two 06 Sport 1000's over the years with this paint, with close to 80k miles logged between the two, and have always liked the color.

- Michael

·
Registered
2019 R1250R HP Black, 2019 R1250GS HP Rally X
16 Posts
Wow, that looks really good! I'm surprised just how good. Nice job. Maybe that'll be a new factory limited edition colour in the future.

·
Banned
53 Posts
looks good + as you noted what worked when younger dont always work as we age. to keep riding comfortably in our later years buying what works is just SMART! enjoy your new ride

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
I don't usually go for things in the yellow/orange range, but I have to say, that looks great @Hndymn! I'm not willing to repaint my bike, but yours has planted the color change bug in my head. Now I'm thinking about vinyl wrapping my bike in a slightly different color than the factory blue. I'm guessing that the separate tank panels should make this much easier than the wrap I did recently on a one-piece tank!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I don't usually go for things in the yellow/orange range, but I have to say, that looks great @Hndymn! I'm not willing to repaint my bike, but yours has planted the color change bug in my head. Now I'm thinking about vinyl wrapping my bike in a slightly different color than the factory blue. I'm guessing that the separate tank panels should make this much easier than the wrap I did recently on a one-piece tank!
Thanks. I’m happy with how it came out. And I won’t see another like it on the road!

- Michael

21 - 36 of 36 Posts