BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my Dunlop Roadsmart IVs arrived today. Thank you Long Ranger for sharing the info on the free front tire promotion. The bike currently has Michelin Road Pilot IVs. A couple years ago I replaced the rear tire because of a nail puncture. Now, the front tire is worn but the rear tire still has life left in it. What are your thoughts on mismatched tires (replacing the front with the new Dunlop and leaving the rear Michelin on until it’s done)? If I replace the rear now, is it possible to remove it without damage and keep it as a spare? Your thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
‘12 R1200R Classic | ‘15 R1200RT
176 Posts
There’s likely no discernible reason not to mix tires, but personally I change both of them together, just so they wear together.

Glad you were able to take advantage of the Dunlop free tire promotion. I have the Roadsmart 4’s on my RT and really like them. I have the less-expensive Roadsport 2 tires on my R and find they perform very well too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a set of Roadsmart3 ready to mount when my current RS3's wear out. Love these tires. Interested to see how you like the Roadsmart 4's

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the thoughts guys. I’ll probably change the rear now, being thoughtful about how I remove it, and keep it as a spare. I’ll let you know what I think of the switch when I get the Dunlops mounted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts