BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
New to BMW bikes. Rode Honda's, Suzuki's in UK and here in FL. Thought I needed to upgrade and had been looking at a R1200R for about two years. Test rode one and within 5 minutes I had to have one!!! Never ridden a bike that felt so natural from the get -go.

Bought a 2012 Classic in August

Freddy

·
Registered
800 Posts
Hello,
New to BMW bikes. Rode Honda's, Suzuki's in UK and here in FL. Thought I needed to upgrade and had been looking at a R1200R for about two years. Test rode one and within 5 minutes I had to have one!!! Never ridden a bike that felt so natural from the get -go.

Bought a 2012 Classic in August

Freddy
welcome to the zoo! :001_cool:

Where are you in Florida?

Riding with a few friends up to this place tomorrow morning... 3 Bananas never been there - will post photos to PO the Northern Contingent. :mob:
anyway, come join us!

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Looks like a bike friendly place as they've posted a bike picture on their web page. It's not just those in Northern US you're upsetting. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
Bob, when r u gonna' post the pictures from your pyton hunt?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
welcome to the zoo! :001_cool:

Where are you in Florida?

Riding with a few friends up to this place tomorrow morning... 3 Bananas never been there - will post photos to PO the Northern Contingent. :mob:
anyway, come join us!

Bob
I am nr Orlando Bob. Unfortunately already have plans for this morning. But thanks for letting me know. 3Bananas seems a cool place.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
The state's Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission is offering a total of $2,500 in cash prizes for the hunter who bags the most and the longest of the invasive snake species. Experts recommend either shooting the snake or decapitating it with a machete.

There is your down payment for your New R1200R, get out there and make money

·
Registered
800 Posts
I am nr Orlando Bob. Unfortunately already have plans for this morning. But thanks for letting me know. 3Bananas seems a cool place.
It was a great day! forgot to snap a shot of the R's dashboard indicating 71 degrees at 1:00 p.m... Yes, very bike friendly as there were about 3 cars and 60 bikes in the lot mostly HD's with one notable exception, an R1200GS. Any joint that has a dock with a bar at the end equipped with a dance pole is most assuredly welcoming to bikers.

Anyway, if you're ever so inclined, most weekends if I'm just making a short run of it I'll head to Mt. Dora or the Yalaha Bakery. usually alone, someimes with my son on his SV650. You're welcome to join me.

Attachments

·
Registered
800 Posts
The state's Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission is offering a total of $2,500 in cash prizes for the hunter who bags the most and the longest of the invasive snake species. Experts recommend either shooting the snake or decapitating it with a machete.

There is your down payment for your New R1200R, get out there and make money

... and the interesting thing about that is... with all those "mighty Cracker Hunters" in their airboats, after 2 weeks only 11 snakes were bagged of the multiple thousands out there... small target, large beer keg?

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
The UK gets a bit of snow and everything grinds to a halt. I'm sitting here now looking out of the window at 6" snow and it's still falling. Wondering if I can be bothered to get the train into work tomorrow or just call in saying I'm snowed in.

·
Registered
800 Posts
The UK gets a bit of snow and everything grinds to a halt. I'm sitting here now looking out of the window at 6" snow and it's still falling. Wondering if I can be bothered to get the train into work tomorrow or just call in saying I'm snowed in.
now there's a plus... i never get a snow day. the occasional hurricane day, but no snow days...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts