BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening everyone, im new to the forum, and new to BMWs.
Previous bikes include ZX6R, Z900, Honda CBR1100XX and most recently a Honda VFR800X crossrunner.
I am now the proud owner of an R1250R sport. I have only had it a fortnight, so not a lot of ride time as yet, but the bit i have done has been great. I will add a couple of pics.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Welcome to the forum Adrian, (y) I see you are in or near Bristol, do you ever go over to wales to ride some the best roads around?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Adrian from another newbie UK owner, I joined the forum yesterday!

Met some bikers from Bristol area last Thursday who rode up to Kemble for Bikers Night, maybe see you there sometime?

Bike looks stunning, is it brand new?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum Adrian, (y) I see you are in or near Bristol, do you ever go over to wales to ride some the best roads around?
Hiya Mick,
You are right I do come from Bristol, about 5 mins from Dick Lovett as it goes. Yes I do ride in Wales occasionally, I have a mate with an RT who lives in Neath. You are right, there are some great roads over the bridge.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Very nice. I picked up my first BMW as well, a '20 1250R, a few months ago, and like you am very pleased with it. One unusual thing that I notice about yours is that wheels are powder-coated (?) white...it adds a nice visual element to the bike.(y)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Adrian from another newbie UK owner, I joined the forum yesterday!

Met some bikers from Bristol area last Thursday who rode up to Kemble for Bikers Night, maybe see you there sometime?

Bike looks stunning, is it brand new?
Hiya Cotswolds Rider
I didn't know there was a biker night at Kemble, I often ride up there to get a look at the 747s
Yes the bike is brand new, had the wheels sprayed white by the dealer before I collected it. Only done 300 miles so far, but I love it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice. I picked up my first BMW as well, a '20 1250R, a few months ago, and like you am very pleased with it. One unusual thing that I notice about yours is that wheels are powder-coated (?) white...it adds a nice visual element to the bike.(y)
Hiya, thanks for the kind words. I had the BMW dealer spray the wheels before I took delivery of it. I am really happy with the result, its nice to be a bit different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts