BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.......Just joined the forum (obviously....duh!) seems great here...looking forward to learning as much as possible about the r12r
Been biking for waaayyyyy too long....45+ years....but still enjoy the 2 wheel thing....what was it they said about old bikers?? :001_rolleyes:
I currently ride a Honda hornet 900 (919) and an Aprilia Tuono 1000R
Looking to eventually pension the Hornet off after 13 years of 100% reliability....thinking the new r12r might be just the ticket.
Basically, I'm looking for a reasonably light (relatively) bike with good 2 up capability....so I think there's not a lot not to like about the Beemer....fingers x'd.

Laters chaps....& chapesses
Tifa

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the forum.
I just recently began riding again after being away from motorcycles for 45 years or so. My last few bikes were all Norton Atlas' set up with John Tickle and Dunstall parts to make it into a rare cafe racer for the states at that time, in NYC no less!
My kids started to ride and it sparked my interest and one day just for the heck of it I went over to a local BMW mc dealer and that was all it took.
Purchased a barely used 2012 R1200R and have been really enjoying it. Quite a difference from the old bikes I used to ride.
The power and torque are incredible in the R1200R and the brakes are not to be believed, they are so strong.
Actually still getting a kick (no pun intended) to press a button to start the bike instead of standing up on the kick starter!
I'm still working on getting my skills tuned up, but love the bike.
Good Luck with whatever you get!

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
Welcome. You can't go too far wrong with the R12R. It is (relatively) light and good for 2 up riding, although you may want to consider an after market seat or a bit more padding for the pillion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts