BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks!

Just joined the BM family for the first time. In my 50s, a little late to the party! My Dad has ridden BMWs since I was a kid, I've been on Harleys for the last 30 years or so. Dad was in an old farts club over here called The Ulysses Club (motto Grow Old Disgracefully). I'd go on rides with some of them and they'd all hang **** on my Harley (a lot of BM riders). Now half of them are riding Harleys and I'm getting onto a BM! How the circle turns hey!

I pick up a brand new R1250RS this week. Rode my mates R a few weeks back and was blown away. This makes more HP and half again as much Torque as my old T595 that I had in the 90s, which I thought was quick.

So there you go - that's me. Cheers!

(I still have on older Wideglide for when I feel like riding a bike that doesn't do anything well except make noise and look good :LOL:. )

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

· Registered
5,401 Posts
Greetings and welcome from an ex-Melburnian and also an ex Ulyssean!

Reactions: Nado

· Registered
2012 R1200R
186 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a fellow Harley/BMW owner. That's a beautiful looking RS.

Reactions: Nado

· Registered
5,401 Posts
Pfft! Most of the members here are one bad fart away from death. In your 50s I'd say you are right in the BMW target demographic :p

If, indeed, not a little too young... :)

• Haha
Reactions: JRB_NW and Nado

· Registered
21 Posts
Hello Nado, and welcome. I am newcomer too. Your RS looks fab and will be a treat, a marvel, I reckon.

My ‘new to me’ R1200RS is still over 1 week way. So that’s a total wait for arrival by road of 5.5 weeks! “Not happy Jane!”. Delayed due floods or something. Anyway it is nearly here …

I hope enjoy the thrill of the new RS Nado 😊

1 - 10 of 10 Posts