BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

Recently picked up a new to me 2008 R12R.

I came off of a newer GSAdventure which I just didn't bond with.

I'm more than pleased with this one, and glad to be in the forum

Tommy

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Wecome TVT! Yo Chicago! Go Cubbies! I work downtown and live on the North Shore. Dr. Atractaspis, who claims to wear latex bike suits but who refuses to post her picture wearing them, lives (I believe) in Indiana.

Yeah, search "GS" on this forum and you will find several people who "didn't bond" with the GS. . . . :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea Dave, I just don't get it. The GSA is an amazing machine, but if you are shorter than 6 feet tall, you are going to have problems. I'm 5'11". As much as I wanted to bond with it, I couldn't make it happen. Being able to flat foot the R bike is such a good feeling. Plus the garage was getting crowded with three machines, and two went away to get this one.

I'm very pleased.

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
Welcome Tommy. I had a R1100GS a while ago when they were a lot less complicated and before they became popular after a certain pair went round the world on one. I did like it but it doesn't compare the the R I have now. I immediately knew it was the bike I'd been looking for.

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
TVT, your new R does everything, except perhaps deep off road. It's lighter, easier to ride, kind of steam-punk looking and (far) less ungainly than the GS. Most of us think it's the perfect all-around bike; you'll love it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts