BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2011 R1200R Classic
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought a 2011 R1200R Classic that has a standard seat, that has been redone by Sargent within the last few months (see below) part number 52 53 7 719 485. I'm vertically challenged and would like to go with the low (52 53 7 698 379) or extra-low seat (52 53 7 713 114 ) although I'm not positive the extra-low will fit my bike.

I'm open to just buying the seat or trading if that makes better sense.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts

I just bought this 2008, and I think is has the low seat on it. I will check for part numbers. I would definitely be interested in trading seats.

·
Registered
2011 R1200R Classic
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think your seat has 2 parts, mine is a single bench, but if I'm wrong and yours is the bench please let me know as I'm about to have an upholstery place pull mine apart and do some work on it.

·
Registered
2011 R1200R Classic
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Crud. I just called the upholstery guy and he's got it pulled apart and has already shaved it down to get it lower. Sorry about that.

If you're interested in selling it, I still might be interested.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No problem. It’s the only seat I have at the moment. When I find a taller seat I will be selling this one. I will post it here that happens.

·
Registered
2012 R1200R Classic
3 Posts
Paulzilla, you still looking for a high seat? I have a High Comfort (#484, 840mm) from a '13 and am looking for something lower, probably 800mm.

·
Registered
2012 R1200R Classic
3 Posts
I have a low comfort from a 2012 classic & am looking for something higher
I have the Comfort High seat (840mm) (from a 2012 Classic) and am looking for something lower. Sounds like we could trade. My seat is in like new condition, no tears, or pulled seams. Has all the bumpers underneath. How about yours? Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Font Material property Tints and shades Electric blue Automotive tire
Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Font Material property Tints and shades Electric blue Automotive tire

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine is in great shape as well. I'll grab some pictures of it off the bike later today.
I'm in Charlotte, NC

1 - 12 of 12 Posts