BMW R1200R Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Same problem plus back pain. Been using the grip buddies for a few months with good but not sufficient results. I got the Touratech bar risers installed a week ago and went out for a long ride. The mechanic recommended taking some tools with me to play with the pitch angle of the bar and find the best spot. Amazing how different the feeling is with every tiny change.
Having said all that, the solution for me comes from "just letting go". Whenever I feel pain or numbness I just relax my palms, arms and upper body, I let my hands rest on the grips rather than hold on to them. I did a lot of Tai Chi practice in the past and it helps in understanding how to relax the upper body. The bike by the way prefers it that way, when I let it do its thing without me disturbing too much.
+1

That's the right way to do it, RELAX and work on the riding style described above. Less numbness, less fatiguing, better bike control. Three benefits and it FREE!

Paul

P

·
Registered
824 Posts
+1
Absolutely spot on!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
as Clem dutifully pointed out earlier in the thread

Dr. Strangelove: I would try..."rolling" the bars forward or rearward, by loosening the retaining clamps on the triple tree and trying different positions. You won't have to roll them much to tell and it is something you can try on a ride. Just remember to retighten. Doing this changes the ergos a bunch and may address the problem.

Clem: Just for safety sake, R1200R handlebar clamp bolt torque values are 24 Nm
and the bar end weights should be 19 Nm

41 - 44 of 44 Posts