BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure if this has been discussed before, but can't find information on whether Ohlins has aftermarket shocks (front and rear) for my 2012 R1200R?

Anyone know if the 2010 and earlier R1200R have the same shocks?

Thanks a bunch!

deyna

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
No connection except I bought a pair of Wilbers from him for my 1150 about 60 k miles ago, and had a rebuild by his shop subsequent to the purchase...

THE Guru on all things BMW shock related is Ted Porter of Ted Porter's Beemershop

Ted Porter's BeemerShop - Welcome!

Call him and he will educate you on everything you should know. Very nice guy, who takes all the time with you. His shop also rebuilds shocks, though the Showis, the OEMs are not rebuildable, afaik.

I liked my Wilbers a lot, but I think I like the Ohlins on my new-to-me 2009 r12r more

Ted sells them all though and I believe he will honestly advised you on what shock you should get. I really cannot recommend him highly enough. He is THE person to speak with.
His prices are competitive, and if you do decide to purchase new shocks, most people will buy from him. He is readily available for tech support after the sale--like for advice on install--a DIY job.
John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts