BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody purchased the the wunderlich seat? Active Comfort Seat All Items For This Bike | BMW Wunderlich America I've been eyeing this seat for a while, but a little hesitant to pull the trigger on a 700 dollar seat. My wife was thinking of getting it for me for our 3rd anniversary (leather). If you do have one, how do you like it compared the stock seat? I would probably end up getting the low seat since I'm 5' 9" and have a 30" inseam

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Consider buying it from the UK. Nippy Normans are W'lich stockists - I have recently ordered a new Trophy fairing from them, saving the 20% VAT as a non-resident.

Worth checking out!

L of S

PS - treasure that wife!

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
Get off the Fence!

Lost Rider posted a splendid ride report 1/27/2013.
He rode from NY to Washington. Not DC. Washington state.

Test firing new Wunderlich seat and some Kriega gear, (Great Bags)
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. [URL="http://abuse.verticalscope.com/report/index.php?referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.r1200rforum.com%2Fforum%2Fforum%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D1294&imageurl=http%3A%2F%2Flv1.smugmug.com%2FMotorcycles%2FR1200R%2Fi-dd6h9L8%2F0%2FL%2FIMG_1171-L.jpg"]Report this image[/URL]
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image.
What I liked about the Wunderlich seat was it opened up the ergos from seat to peg a bit. Also my butt never screamed get me off of here in ten thousand miles.

+1 Treasure that wife!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I must say, I do have one awesome better half!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haven't taken any pictures yet, but my awesome wife suprised me when I got home from work today! She said to go check by the couch when I walked in the door because she said she had ordered something and it arrived today. So I go over to the couch and low and behold, I see wunderlich tape all over the box! I could not believe my eyes, she secretly ordered my seat!!!! Now I can't wait to get out and try it! I also ordered and installed a really cool device called a "flash to pass". Now when I flash my high beam, I can open my garage door! So cool and useful. Also ordered and installed the gas tank gasket. Underneath my gas cap was awful! Cleaned it up and painted it with some model car gloss black paint. Much better now.

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
I must say, I do have one awesome better half!
That doesn't even begin to say enough, but it's a good start.
1 in a million! Cherish.
and post us a Wunderlich ride review with pics, bud.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
...and post us a Wunderlich ride review with pics, bud.
Not being too gross or crass, I trust - but I'd like to see a pic of the wife!

L of S

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
The reviews aren't exactly ringing endorsements. Much higher and a guy 5'10 can't get his feet on the ground. I'm 5'9 and can flatfoot the high comfort BMW seat, so something seems a little off.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't know if it worked LofS, but here is a pic of us at her sister's wedding. Had to search for a while to find a picture she was ok with posting! haven't gotten any pictures yet, but do have a ride report. So I rode a total of 50 miles so far on the new LOW wonderlich seat. I noticed that it's a little wider and makes me feel like I'm riding a horse, but it's not uncomfortable since the sides are more rounded than the stock seat. It does sit up a little higher than stock, so I'm on my tip toes at stops, which doesn't seem to bother me as much as it does for other people. I'm use to it with riding my dirt bikes. the little gripper strip is pretty nice because I don't slide back when I'm up on the gas tank. It's a lot firmer than a stock seat as well, which is a good thing. My butt didn't go numb and my tailbone hasn't started to hurt either. Installing the seat was a breeze as well. Nice fittament. Had to turn the key a little and give it a nice tap on the passenger pillion and locked into place. I used mini bungee cords to hold the tool bag and owner's manual since it didn't come with some sort of tie down. All in all, I would give it a 9 out of 10.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Don't know if it worked LofS, but here is a pic of us at her sister's wedding.
Your wife is indeed gorgeous Hemi - thanks for the pic. And if I may - you make a pretty good-looking couple.

Enjoy your days together...

L of S

1 - 11 of 11 Posts