BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2020 R1250R HP 2018 Triumph T120
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All is still going very well with no problems to report. It has been a solid performer. I haven't done much to the bike in a while, so nothing to share really.

The only reason for posting is so I can share a few pictures of it ... and maybe have folks take potshots at me ... :giggle: just don't hurt my feelings please!

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
Beatrix - 2020 BMW R1250R Exclusive in Pollux Metallic Matte
399 Posts
All is still going very well with no problems to report. It has been a solid performer. I haven't done much to the bike in a while, so nothing to share really.

The only reason for posting is so I can share a few pictures of it ... and maybe have folks take potshots at me ... :giggle: just don't hurt my feelings please!

View attachment 114524

View attachment 114525
Very nice looking machine! I especially enjoy the tasteful combination of the white and black as well as HP color accents. I was wondering how did you paint(?) the Sport windscreen?

Reactions: tima

·
Registered
63 Posts

View attachment 114524

View attachment 114525
Really like the seat treatment.

·
Mark – Moderator 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
2015 R1200R Exclusive
7,248 Posts
The black treatment of the radiator covers and lower cowl work for me. It looks more balanced and visually integrated to me than the original.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really like the seat treatment.
Thx! If so inclined, it isn't hard to do what I did. Remove cover and foam, cardboard (or whatever) seat pan, then re-skin it using Powershot (or similar) staples.

The black treatment of the radiator covers and lower cowl work for me. It looks more balanced and visually integrated to me than the original.
Thx! Yes, as discussed in my earlier thread... we apparently have the same eye towards color coordination. (y)

I'd have to rate my experiment with Plasti-Dip somewhat of a success. I had initially received some bad dip. I was owed one more can and was given a case of six more instead! My hat is off to Tiffany in their Customer service dept. It gave me an opportunity to redo things over (thx to using PD instead of paint also) and the parts came out decent enough considering I was the painter!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No need to be sorry for your opinion. It's pretty rare one will like everything on any bike. If one should feel strongly enough about it, it can always be changed.

I've wondered what a 'normal' round HL would look like. I haven't looked into actually doing it though...

·
Banned
0 Posts
For some reason, the black headlight surround makes it look uglier. Ha ha. It's not the greatest looking, but it goes with the bike better than a round one IMO, so I'm not 'offended' by it. But it'd had been much better if it was all LEDs, like it was supposed to (according to the manual). My manual doesn't even list an option for halogen bulbs. BMW probably reversed course at the last minute. I've never seen a headlight like mine all LED. Does one even exist somewhere in the world? Curious what it looks like :).

·
Registered
2020 R1250R HP w/sport & 2019 R1250GS HP Rallye & 2019 R nineT SCR
119 Posts
Looks sharp...good job with your personalized R

Also I am going to do the same as you and remove/blackout the rear passenger foot rest brackets. Bonus, I managed to find an extra right/exhaust side one, cheap, so will chop of the foot peg portion, so just retain the exhaust hanger portion. What color paint did you use for matching this segment of the bike?

·
Registered
119 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thx jr533 !! .... I used the Plasti-dip I linked to in post 3. I also used it on a lot of the other parts on the bike. I thought of cutting my pass footpeg bracket off too..lol. Where'd you find the spare?

I have used those black 'caps'. They're in many of the open threaded holes, like my mirror posts and subframe... (y)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey @tima
So the color match is pretty close with plastic-dip and doesn't look overly textured. Albeit the mount does have more textured finish than the smooth rear subframe
Bracket is part# 46718540799 and I found on flea-bay. There's one there now. But I only paid $68 for mine, excluding shipping.
Else Beemer Boneyard, maybe able to source from a wrecked bike as same part for the # for the R1200 + R1250 R/RS models.

·
Registered
Beatrix - 2020 BMW R1250R Exclusive in Pollux Metallic Matte
399 Posts
$235!!! Wowzer!
There is a knock-off available on eBay/AliExpress/Amazon. I don't recall what it was called, but also was intrigued at what the hack that might be for.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts