BMW R1200R Forum banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2020 R1250R HP 2018 Triumph T120
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Thank you sir !

The best thing about Plasti-dip is the peel-it-off-if-you-don't-like-it thing... :) ... as an amateur painter, I used that feature a few times myself.

I'll add a close up showing the factory bracket with the PD'd windshield..

Automotive design Chair Personal luxury car Tints and shades Auto part

·
Registered
2020 R1250R HP w/sport & 2019 R1250GS HP Rallye & 2019 R nineT SCR
119 Posts
Technically both Motorsports and 50 Jahre are same name for that roundel, as BMW is heavily promoting/using that design, as 2022 is their 50th anniversary. They even launched the MotoGP safety car in that livery.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

And thanks for the link to the SJBMW. Will see if I can find the part# to order from Bob’s or MAX.

·
Registered
2020 R1250R HP w/sport & 2019 R1250GS HP Rallye & 2019 R nineT SCR
119 Posts
Looks like 60mm is the side required, as parts fiche shows 58mm as OEM sizing.
@MGL can you confirm how the new roundel attaches, is to the tank. As overlay to the existing emblem, or remove and double-sided tape mounting?

·
Registered
63 Posts
The 58mm is what I had as well, I can't remember what I did about the size. On my bike they are my turn signals and yes 3M double sided tape will secure them.
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood Car

·
Banned
0 Posts
I thought the 50th was 2020, so never mind that. Ha ha. But glad to hear they're also called Motorsports, so they don't look 'incorrect' on any bike. Didn't know they're the ones sticking out. For some reason, I don't like those, but at least they have the turn-signals there. Seems like BMW just brought them from the cars (my ex-M3 V8 had those). Finally, at least in the US, the front turn-signals must be amber, for those who might want to install/use them. The Weiser LED boards I put on mine are super bright, so don't plan to mess with those at all :).

·
Registered
2020 R1250R
21 Posts
Next month makes one year for me, bought it with 2500 miles, bit over 12,000 miles now. SW MOTECH luggage, GS 1250 skid plate and bark busters. Winter is on the way out and I can ride it to work and back now. It takes the place of a 2007 Bandit 1250 with 95,000 trouble free miles that I am keeping, 2 bikes are better than 1.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Plant Mountain Vehicle

·
Registered
Beatrix - 2020 BMW R1250R Exclusive in Pollux Metallic Matte
399 Posts
Next month makes one year for me, bought it with 2500 miles, bit over 12,000 miles now. SW MOTECH luggage, GS 1250 skid plate and bark busters. Winter is on the way out and I can ride it to work and back now. It takes the place of a 2007 Bandit 1250 with 95,000 trouble free miles that I am keeping, 2 bikes are better than 1.

View attachment 114704

View attachment 114705
Beautiful bike, in one of my favorite colors for this model.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Looks more like other Utah area to me :). But please post location Rob. And hey, may I ask you why you think a skid plate is needed without ever off-roading? I've seen a plate in front of the lower part of the engine cover, which protects against debris thrown by the front tire, but unless you off-road your bike (doesn't look like you do), curious why you chose that accessory :). Thank you.

·
Registered
2020 R1250R
21 Posts
Looks more like other Utah area to me :). But please post location Rob. And hey, may I ask you why you think a skid plate is needed without ever off-roading? I've seen a plate in front of the lower part of the engine cover, which protects against debris thrown by the front tire, but unless you off-road your bike (doesn't look like you do), curious why you chose that accessory :). Thank you.
Just outside Moab, the road along the Colorado River on my way to Crested Butte, CO last year. It does see dirt roads, Kebler Pass in Colorado last year, the road into Fern Canyon in Humboldt but it's more for "just in case" and I like the way it looks and I was not a fan of the lower spoiler parts, they had to be removed for the skid plate anyway.

When it's new tire time I might go with the Avon Trailriders, have them on the Bandit 1250, sort of a 95/5 tire maybe.

I did take my 1250 Bandit to the town of Tomboy out of Telluride a few years back, it's easy, just ride in between the rocks and enjoy the looks the Jeep people give you.

From last year

Tire Wheel Plant Sky Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Banned
0 Posts
Oh, so you 'GS your R' (ha ha); never mind my comment, then. Makes sense to have it. Hey, if you want a great sport-touring tire that also is more than 5% off-road, read great reviews of the new Dunlop Mutant tires; you might want to consider those as well. Not a fan of Dunlop here, but in your situation, I'd consider that set. They look cool too. Take care.

·
Registered
2020 R1250R
21 Posts
Oh, so you 'GS your R' (ha ha); never mind my comment, then. Makes sense to have it. Hey, if you want a great sport-touring tire that also is more than 5% off-road, read great reviews of the new Dunlop Mutant tires; you might want to consider those as well. Not a fan of Dunlop here, but in your situation, I'd consider that set. They look cool too. Take care.
The Michelin PR4's and 5's have a somewhat aggressive tread, ran a few sets on the Bandit 1250, awesome in the rain, but the front always wears weird, I think because of all the siping on it.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts