BMW R1200R Forum banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Pilot Roads are my preferred tires by far. But those Mutants look way more off-roadish (pic below). Maybe they aren't any better than PRs even off-road? Having said that, I was pleasantly surprised with the stock Metzeler Z8s, but as soon as they're done (hopefully very soon. Ha ha), will buy the new Road6s, which are even cheaper (by 3 bucks) than the Road5s. Take care.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Automotive design

·
Registered
2020 R1250R HP 2018 Triumph T120
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I think riding them is their main purpose. Nothing wrong there...some of us (well, me anyway) can't help changing things.

Cheers!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yes nothing at all wrong in making it ‘your ‘ bike at all , your r looks very cool - I think if I had a white one I’d be really tempted to have it done in the martini racing colours -

·
Registered
Beatrix - 2020 BMW R1250R Exclusive in Pollux Metallic Matte
399 Posts
Reactions: tima

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'm going to try VHT High Temp Primer / Paint / Clear. First attempt at painting an exhaust.
Are you planning to bake it in the oven or on the bike? Very curious of the end result...

·
Registered
2020 R1250R HP 2018 Triumph T120
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Since I don't have an oven big or strong enough (650* for the last step), I have to bake it on the scoot..

·
Registered
399 Posts
Since I don't have an oven big or strong enough (650* for the last step), I have to bake it on the scoot..
I was just thinking about this: Any idea on how you would maintain consistent temperature through the curing process? Not sure how important it is, but temperature would be different at the header and at the tail end of the pipe. If you have a heat gun, that might get you in the ball park at least for the first few steps of the curing process, so that you don't damage the pain too much when assembling/disassembling pipes through each coat.

·
Registered
399 Posts
That's more thinking than I care for right now lol..
Seeing a bare exhaust laid out like that makes me unreasonably excited, lol :ROFLMAO:

Good luck and please keep us posted!

P.S. My compliments on the tools organization: perfect backdrop for this project!

Reactions: tima

·
Mark – Moderator 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
2015 R1200R Exclusive
7,248 Posts
Is that the original finish we can see, or have you treated it in some way?

·
Registered
399 Posts
I had my complete exhaust ceramic coated in satin black. The header lasted about 70K, I'm currently having the header redone at 130K. View attachment 114784
Besides the aesthetic preference, are there any functional benefits of ceramic coating?

41 - 60 of 75 Posts