BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never ride 2up and hate the look of the pax pegs. Anything out there to replace with another type smaller/skinnier/no rubber.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
I guess you can just chop them off, as long as you don't use your saddlebags you'll be fine, and the bike will definitively look sharp.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about that but it serves as an exhaust mounting point on the left side... :-( Would be tricky to fix that.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
I thought about that but it serves as an exhaust mounting point on the left side... :-( Would be tricky to fix that.
Oh yea, I forgot about that.

You may be able to get a short exhaust that doesn't need the mounting anywhere.

That will serve you double, you can cut off both sides and clean your bike, and you can also get rid of the water boiler we have as exhaust and show your single side sing arm and cool wheel.

Back in 2011 just after I got my bike, I realized that it was (and is) my dream bike, compared with everything I have ever put my leg over and looks, EXCEPT the horrible exhaust, I knew I needed to get rid of it quickly.

Did some research and found out that we can run our bike (2011+) without any exhaust at all, the backpresure is done by the butterfly flap right before the exhaust, so I decided to make my own. (on my kitchen)

I had it for almost a year, it is little louder but didn't notice any change on the bike behavior.
Now I have one that barely goes as far as the foot peg, but I use my saddle bags and ride 2 up so I don't mind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts