BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked it up yesterday! Fully optioned out and bought saddle bags with it. Rode it 100 miles home then hit the twisties until the low fuel light came on. Filled it up and took it home. Had 201 miles when I parked it for the night.

Today went for a ride in the morning then the afternoon met up with a friend on his S1000RR and we rode along the Mosel for a few hours. The bike has just under 400 miles on it now. I think I need to schedule that first service soon! On the way home it cooled off and started to rain. That big tank really deflects a lot of the rain and my pants didn't get wet. Heated grips are awesome!

My last bike was a ZX6R but I sold it 2 years ago. Its great being back on 2 wheels.

I love everything about this bike. There is nothing i can really complain about. Its comfortable, has plenty of power, very fun in the hills (until you hit a decreasing radius turn and grind off some of the peg:eek:).

·
Registered
286 Posts
Looks great. I wish Motorrad would off European delivery, as with the cars. Can't think of a better place to break in an R12R than Bavaria. See you have a North America-spec bike. Are you in the military?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks great. I wish Motorrad would off European delivery, as with the cars. Can't think of a better place to break in an R12R than Bavaria. See you have a North America-spec bike. Are you in the military?
Yep military. One of the dealers in the area has a nice military program to get US spec bikes at a decent price.

I wish it wouldn't rain so much here. It seems like we only get about 20-30 sunny days a year.

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Sorry to rain on your parade, Raptor, but in your second pic I noted a speck of dust on the seat.

Looks lovely - bike and suroundings! Do enjoy.

L of S

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just picked-up my new classic early this week. I have only put on about 300 miles thus far, and then the rain started. I went back to the dealer and had them order the factory bags. I also have a gold wing, but now think that with the bags, this bike is going touring this summer. I am in South Dakota, so summer isn't here yet. I went to the dealership to order the bags yesterday, and on the ride home a storm had come through and dumped a couple inches of marble size hail on the road! This was a bit harrowing, but thankfully only lasted for a few miles.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Great looking ride! We have similar tastes! The picture of that turn looks like A LOT of fun.

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
Gorgeous bike!! And those roads look like a barrel of fun. Enjoy.
Life doesn't get much better than that.
Nice to have you with us on the Forum.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry to rain on your parade, Raptor, but in your second pic I noted a speck of dust on the seat.

Looks lovely - bike and suroundings! Do enjoy.

L of S
Speck of dust! LOL you should have seen the bugs all over the front especially the headlight! At least the rain washed most of them off.

10 day forecast is says its going to rain for the next 10 days. That's what rain gear is for! :ninja:

Unfortunately one of the clips that holds the visor on my helmet broke today. The visor stays in place as long as I don't try to open it. I emailed the company looking for a replacement but its going to be a PITA until I get a new one. Brand new helmet too.

·
Registered
85 Posts
That's awesome. I do miss riding around Germany. I so wish I did what you did and just got the R while I was over there. The Mosel was one of our favorite touring spots.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts