BMW R1200R Forum banner

Which engine crash protection do you chose/vote for

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2012 R1200R
136 Posts
but I do not intend to crash my bike, and if I do I doubt it will help much. For any accidental tip-overs, the covers will be enough, and besides that I did not have that happen with any of my bikes ever in 17 years of riding.
Does anyone intend to crash their bike? The fact that you never had a tip over in 17 years means little. We're getting older, and with age comes less strength and balance. I'm 59 and have noticed in the last year or two it takes more effort and concentration just pushing my bikes around.

• Helpful
Reactions: dbyker

·
Registered
2012 R1200R, K27, Light-grey Metallic
199 Posts
No I don't think anyone intends to crash their bike. But I often see examples that make me question why some people do so little to prevent it. I guess I am from the cautious camp ;)
When I am confronted with any balance problems, I hope I will be sensible enough to end my hobby before my hobby ends me :unsure:
For the unfortunate tip-overs, I think covers are sufficient. That's why I have those (actually the previous owner had them already) and why I voted for them.

Reactions: v-rider

·
Super Moderator
3,317 Posts
I've had two slides at speeds between 20 - 40 kph and both with machinery Art Moto x-head covers on my R12R LC and was able to limp/ride back home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 R1250R in Pollux Metallic Matte
592 Posts
I’m one of the (thus far) two people who voted for None. I’ve always chosen to take my chances when it comes to my bikes, and so far have had no cause to regret that practice. I count on my forty years of riding experience and dumb luck to avoid incidents, and vanity precludes the addition of anything that, in my eyes, mucks up the bike’s appearance. I’ve never owned a boxer engine before, so actually those boxer cylinder head covers aren’t too bad, but I’ll probably still continue to count on luck.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts