BMW R1200R Forum banner
261 - 280 of 308 Posts

·
Registered
2020 R1250R in Pollux Metallic Matte
550 Posts
@RC65 , did you get a chance to take it up over Mt. Rainier yet? 410-123-Stevens Canyon Road-706?
I haven't, no. I spent this summer revisiting the roads around me -- essentially the area from Skykomish to North Bend -- while getting familiar with the bike. I just put it in winter hibernation a couple days ago, but next summer plan to tour a bit, or at least expand my radius of roads to include perhaps the 3-Pass Blast, Cascade Loop, down to that southern area around Rainer, ride around the Oregon area with my brother who lives down there, etc. I've never ridden the route you mention, so thanks for the indicated roads, I'll make a note of them.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
That route was my first really long ride when I bought my SV650 in 2013. Late June and there was still deep snow on the shoulders up near the top. There was a coffee shop where I stopped on the way down to sit in the sun and warm back up... The day was the same day as the E30 Picnic at The LeMay Collection at Marymount - not sure if that still happens. I sold an E30 (1991 BMW 318is) to be able to buy the SV and all the gear...

·
Registered
550 Posts
That route was my first really long ride when I bought my SV650 in 2013. Late June and there was still deep snow on the shoulders up near the top. There was a coffee shop where I stopped on the way down to sit in the sun and warm back up... The day was the same day as the E30 Picnic at The LeMay Collection at Marymount - not sure if that still happens. I sold an E30 (1991 BMW 318is) to be able to buy the SV and all the gear...
Sounds like a great day. Yeah, not sure what the situation is with LeMay these days...I attended the Father's Day outdoor motorcycle event a few years ago, but haven't kept up with their events since. If things ever get back to normal and they start things up again, it'd be worth revisiting.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Sounds like a great day. Yeah, not sure what the situation is with LeMay these days...I attended the Father's Day outdoor motorcycle event a few years ago, but haven't kept up with their events since. If things ever get back to normal and they start things up again, it'd be worth revisiting.
I recently received an email that the E30 Picnic is happening this June, lawn full of old BMW 3ers and tours of the property available... :)

·
Registered
550 Posts
I recently received an email that the E30 Picnic is happening this June, lawn full of old BMW 3ers and tours of the property available... :)
Oooo, I had no idea and am pleasantly surprised...thanks for the heads-up, might be a great way to officially welcome in summer after a very odd year-plus.

·
Mark – Moderator 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
2015 R1200R Exclusive
7,410 Posts
There's something deluxe about the look of the rear with those bags

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi all

Last weekend I've returned from Alps tour. Sorry for the spam:

Col de la Bonette (France)
Tire Cloud Wheel Sky Vehicle

To the Col de la Cayolle (France)

Col du Galibier (France)

Col de l'Izoard (France)

Corvara (Italy, Dolomites)

Timmelsjoch (Italy-Austria border)

James Bont Street in the beginning of Furka pass (Switzerland)

Susten pass (Switzerland)

Tremolla pass (Switzerland)

It was a great 2 week tour, France was new for me and was amazing

Cheers!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hi all

Last weekend I've returned from Alps tour. Sorry for the spam:

Col de la Bonette (France)
View attachment 112372

To the Col de la Cayolle (France)
View attachment 112373

Col du Galibier (France)
View attachment 112374
View attachment 112375

Col de l'Izoard (France)
View attachment 112376

Corvara (Italy, Dolomites)
View attachment 112377

Timmelsjoch (Italy-Austria border)
View attachment 112378

James Bont Street in the beginning of Furka pass (Switzerland)
View attachment 112379

Susten pass (Switzerland)
View attachment 112380

Tremolla pass (Switzerland)
View attachment 112381

It was a great 2 week tour, France was new for me and was amazing

Cheers!
Wow, looks like amazing roads, scenery and the WEATHER 👌

·
Registered
95 Posts
Wow, looks like amazing roads, scenery and the WEATHER 👌
Yes, we've got lucky with the weather and managed to evade a massive rain front over Swiss and western Italian alps. We thought that we'll be unable to enjoy french alps but thanks to meteoblue app (especially to it's maps section) we could find our way. Definitely the most accurate weather app for me.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Aktoprak is the shortest route between Baksan and Chegem gorges. Someone calls it an expensive observation deck, but I called it easier -
Road of Beauty.

43.403319185405365, 43.09241207225835 (google map)
I can imagine the smell of the clean air and sound of silence with not a soul in sight. 👌

·
Registered
15 Posts
I can imagine the smell of the clean air and sound of silence with not a soul in sight. 👌
For 10 hours I only met mountain goats, wild horses and wild cows and rams. No one else. It is very beautiful there, and, due to the lack of roads, the nature is very beautiful and not trampled by tourists. There were small paths, if you can call them paths at all, but rather, they were trodden by animals.
:rolleyes::unsure::)

261 - 280 of 308 Posts