BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2015 R1200R (LC) User Manual mentions power sockets on pp 156-7, but it doesn't say where they are! I would like to wire up my GPS (Garmin Zumo LM390) instead of always running it on the battery. Is there a power socket tucked up around the steering column somewhere?

·
Registered
372 Posts
The power socket is located on the right side of the bike just below the riders seat. In the US Riders Manual it's illustrated on page 12 as item #10.

I believe there's a switched power connector under the front of the tank on the right side that can be used for a GPS connection.

Paul

·
Registered
218 Posts
The power socket is located on the right side of the bike just below the riders seat. In the US Riders Manual it's illustrated on page 12 as item #10.

I believe there's a switched power connector under the front of the tank on the right side that can be used for a GPS connection.

Paul
I'm really struggling to find the GPS connection, any tips much appreciated.

cheers
tony

·
Registered
3 Posts
same situation here, I have a 2018 R1200R LC and I'm going crazy to find the power socket that "should be on the right side under the handlebar" to connect the GPS

·
Registered
3 Posts
The socket where to connect is this one (almost below right side air intake)?
In the image I’m looking at it from the back

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
That's the connection!! I just re-connected the GPS on my recently acquired 2016 12R. I did need to take off the right side plastics to rewire the harness and then found that my harness didn't work. It cost me $175 from BMW and I now found that my old harness can be fixed so I may have a spare if anyone needs one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts