BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
I like the look of that better than the other brands’ I’ve seen...thanks for the heads-up, I’ll have to check in to that one.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just found this on their website:
"Powerbronze International is a global company with an international dealer network penetrating the globe, allowing us to distribute our brand name throughout the World."

·
Registered
204 Posts
@Malcvtr - yours doesn't look as pointy as what they picture on their website, and appears to go much further forward towards the shock area as well (yours)... Do you have a model number or link?

Here's the listing I found:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi. Yes, here's the link:

Mine is for the R1250R. Maybe that's the difference? But the R1250R and the R1200R are so similar, I wonder if the one would fit the other?

Here's the product number for mine:

CARBON LOOK - 300-B111-080

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wow, that really, really looks nice...finishes off that back area very nicely, looks more OEM than the other hugger that seems to enjoy some popularity. How complicated was the installation...can someone who’s relatively unskilled mechanically and doesn’t own a torque wrench manage it, or...? Not me, mind you, asking for <ahem> a friend.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, that really, really looks nice...finishes off that back area very nicely, looks more OEM than the other hugger that seems to enjoy some popularity. How complicated was the installation...can someone who’s relatively unskilled mechanically and doesn’t own a torque wrench manage it, or...? Not me, mind you, asking for a friend.
Haha. Yes, easy to install.

You have four M6 screws and nuts to attach the hugger to the bracket and another M6 screw to attach the bracket "arm" to the top of the hugger. There is a captive nut on the bracket arm.

You have to replace the caliper bolts with ones which are supplied in the kit. These have threaded holes in the ends to take the M6 mounting screws. The supplied bolts should be tightened to 24 NM, but I found the one I tightened by feel alone was snugged up to at least that figure, so a torque wrench is not really necessary.

I'm happy with the look and the mounting seems very sound.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Great, good to know — thank you. Going to give this one some very serious thought.

·
Registered
242 Posts
And to think I was about to bolt a GS hugger on to the three open holes on the final drive!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
That's something I considered too, Mike, but the Powerbronze hugger protects a far greater area - including the top and body of the shock.

Most of the nuts and bolts mentioned in my description are simply to assemble the hugger off-bike. Probably takes five minutes. It's then a simple matter of taking each of the two caliper bolts (one at a time, not both together) and replacing with the supplied bolts. This takes another five minutes. Last job is to fit the hugger to the supplied bolts using the last two M6 screws supplied. It took me longer to find where I'd put my torque wrench than to do the complete job :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
Outta curiosity, which windshield is that? Looks good!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Bummer! That was the next question (see my thread The Quest For Silence)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haha. Sorry about that - but not as sorry as I am about not being allowed to ride! Somewhere on the net (Puig website?) there's a wind tunnel image...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Malcvtr, I’ve notice from your photo that you have a u dear tray attached to your indicator / number plate holder to protect the rear of the bike, more info please

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Malcvtr, I’ve notice from your photo that you have a u dear tray attached to your indicator / number plate holder to protect the rear of the bike, more info please
I bought one of these mudguards here

Here is my order:

Item no.: 46628543348
Article name: Mudguard
Product group: BMW
Net singleprice: 32,93 €
Quantity: 1

ps - I have a 2020 R1250R. I believe this part is for the 1200s.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes. That's where I got mine from. Originally for the Australian Market, I believe, to comply with their regulations.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts