BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ordered a Puig Touring Screen for my '16 LC with a BMW sport screen from Revzilla on Monday and even with the free (slow) shipping the big brown truck we all love to see arrived at my door the next day. So far so good. Then I tried to fit it to the bike. The top two screws (those that go into Puig's mounting arms) fit fine but the four screws that go into BMW's mount wouldn't fit at all. The spacing was wrong and the screen wouldn't fit flush against the mount.

Revzilla has picked up the return shipping but it's still disheartening for this to "fit" so poorly, especially since the Puig screen for my wife's '14 fits so well.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
The plug here is Revzilla is pretty good about returns and canceling. That makes them a goto place for me.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I ordered a Puig Touring Screen for my '16 LC with a BMW sport screen from Revzilla ...
The top two screws (those that go into Puig's mounting arms) fit fine but the four screws that go into BMW's mount wouldn't fit at all. The spacing was wrong and the screen wouldn't fit flush against the mount.
Not that it help, however puzzling as I have that Puig Touring on my '16 and it fits fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not that it help, however puzzling as I have that Puig Touring on my '16 and it fits fine.
I have that same one on my 16 and when I went to install it I had the same issue and was convinced it wouldn’t fit due to bad alignment. However, after fiddling with it and trying different sequences I was able to get it installed and it’s made a world of difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts