BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local dealer just talked to the area BMW rep who says availability will be like the HP4, which is to say scarce. I just hope it isn't priced like the other air cooled limiteds like the HP and HP2. Those were cool, but very pricey.

I've seen the spy photo, and I'm hoping the telescopic forks are Ohlins. The wire wheels will likely need tubes like the "Classic," maybe too retro. I'm hoping that it has saddle bag mounts. An akro pipe would be nice. I plan to skip the windshield as that would ruin the whole retro 1930's look.

Maybe black with white handpainted pinstripes.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Now that's something that will make my wallet lighter.

I was thinking on getting a ninja 250 and making it a cafe racer, everything was planed until you posted this.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen the rendering above, and wouldn't it be nice if the actual bike looks like that except for the Sachs forks. Got those on my S1000. Not bad, but not Ohlins.

Not much fact available on the bike other than from BMW's official press announcement as of now. Since it's an anniversary special, I hope it's more than just a "parts bin custom." Maybe an HP2 motor? That would be special.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
2014 'Mystic'

I like it very, very much indeed!

L of S

·
Registered
824 Posts
whoa that is an amazingly beautiful machine in that video.... thanx for sharing!!

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
...I hope it's more than just a "parts bin custom." Maybe an HP2 motor? That would be special.
If it does happen - and I wouldn't be holding my breath - maybe it might carry the new-ish Wasserboxer motor as in the new GS.

L of S

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts