BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know, I am on a quest to find a used front rim for my 2007. Per realoem.com, the part number is 36317696159. I have stumbled across a rim for a 2009 F800ST with part number 36317682013. Although the rims look similar, realoem.com does not cross reference the part numbers or the compatibility of the 2 bikes. However, I have found a German parts supplier that claims they are the same-see screenshot. Does anyone have any thoughts, info or direction they can provide on this.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,534 Posts
The differences in part number between R12 and F8 may well be simply different paint colour - or not.

You could look at the bearing, seals and spacer bush to see if they’re identical part numbers. The only other question would be the disc mounting holes and the distance of their mounting face from the centreline of the wheel. Disc part numbers might give a hint on the former.

These checks might rule out the compatibility, but they won’t necessarily confirm it ...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the thoughts and approach. I’ll follow your advice and dig deeper into the other related part numbers to see where that leads me.

·
Registered
197 Posts
You could also use BikeBandit's OEM parts fiche, they do a really good job of cross-referencing numbers...

·
Registered
197 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts