BMW R1200R Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Apart from my Sheepskin seat cover (previously posted), I‘ve also found Moto-skiveez a great supplement for longer rides (see Moto-skiveez ). The adventure bike version are ideal for the R12R 👍
Their website doesn't address this, and I can't tell for sure from the photos. Do Moto-Skiveez have any provision for relief in the front (aka "circumvent") or are they just a solid panel? Alas, some of us are not suitably equipped for the "up and over" technique.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You folks are making a mountain out of a mole hill;). With forty years of riding, all you need is the correct pair of padded shorts under your gear. Most recently, I prefer these personally and they run true to size for me. I’m 6’0” and 190. I can easily do 400 mile days in them. Still I use them for short trips, too.

Zone Long-Ride Performance Shorts with Coolmax Padding for Motorcycle Riders (Medium - Waist Size 35-40) Black Amazon.com: Zone Long-Ride Performance Shorts with Coolmax Padding for Motorcycle Riders (Medium - Waist Size 35-40) Black: Clothing

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Link info doesn't indicate if the seat of these is padded. I paid AUD$9.99 (on-sale from AUD$39.99) for a similar pair of butt-padded compression shorts a few days ago - I've been wearing this style since year dot - and they are tops (or bottoms, if you wish!). Irrespective of length of outing I always wear them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Link info doesn't indicate if the seat of these is padded. I paid AUD$9.99 (on-sale from AUD$39.99) for a similar pair of butt-padded compression shorts a few days ago - I've been wearing this style since year dot - and they are tops (or bottoms, if you wish!). Irrespective of length of outing I always wear them.
These have major padding. Scroll through the images on the amazon item, LoS. This brand is one of the best.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
These have major padding. Scroll through the images on the amazon item, LoS. This brand is one of the best.

Thanks, PJ. I rarely consider Amazon as they do not/ will not ship much of their stuff to us DownUnder!

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you can get up to Northern Washington, make an appointment at Rich's - Rich's Custom Seats

I've long been dreaming of a saddle made for me, and his prices are reasonable, with lots of options on the finish. Make it look near stock, or have additional colors/embroidery/embossing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’ve had luck lately with custom seat makers. I stopped on my way home on the r12 and priced a new seat from the dealer. Next I purchased a used seat from a very nice man on the forum. Then I took the whole mess to my seat builder. I chose the types of padding and cover. Less than a week later and after one fitting I have a new seat that’s quite comfortable and cost less than a replacement from the dealer. I like this builder because he focuses on shape. He has made three seats for me.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts