BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question for everyone. I was at lunch with one of my coworkers yesterday (Goldwing owner) and he got to telling me that one of the reasons he did not buy a BMW was because the warranty stipulated that all work, not just warranty mechanical work had to be done by a BMW tech/dealer. If any work was found to be done not by the dealer that the warranty would be voided.

I picked my bike up slightly used, but it still has the warranty on it. Anyone have any more information on warranty specific details?

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
I'm sure any warranty has many many #$%^& stipulations for different things, just like an insurance policy.
I'm sure if something happened in the middle of your ride, and you get some one (including a no mechanic) to help you fix your bike, avoiding the bike to completely break or prevent and injury......
If they don't want to apply warranty, their lawyers can talk to yours.

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
I don't know if the US is different from the UK but my little independent mechanic is authorised to carry out BMW warranty jobs so it doesn't have to be a main BMW dealer, just someone authorised.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts