BMW R1200R Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Err Umm, maybe gone a bit off topic just there.:p:p:eek: Look - quickshifting? Try this… Third to forth – full throttle, just snap it closed at the same time as giving the gear lever a firm prod up, then instantly wack throttle fully open – repeat until you hit 6th. No need to waste money on the BMW quickshifter.

For the second time in the ownership of my bike 55,000 kms, I somehow managed to confuse the quick shifter by blipping it while the quick shifter was doing the downshift.

Engine stated to rev erratically around 1500 - 2500 RPM despite any throttle or clutch inputs.

I slipped the clutch to get out of the middle of the road and then hit the kill switch.
Restarted the bike and it was back to normal.
This happened once or twice during the first year of ownership and BMW dealer just reminded me to close the throttle during downshifts.

Here is the fault code in created (Motoscan)

Has this happened to anyone? I use the quick shifter 90% of my shifts and especially for downshifts in spirited riding.
Font Rectangle Multimedia Software Screenshot

• Wow
Reactions: Panzermann
Err Umm, maybe gone a bit off topic just there.:p:p:eek: Look - quickshifting? Try this… Third to forth – full throttle, just snap it closed at the same time as giving the gear lever a firm prod up, then instantly wack throttle fully open – repeat until you hit 6th. No need to waste money on the BMW quickshifter.
Some of our wrists aren’t as snappy as they used to be, Gareth 😅

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.