1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2011 R1200R Classic
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I thought I would share my new project.

The plastic pulleys on my 2011 R12R throttle body started to crack. I did not want to spring for the $400 aluminum replacements - although they look very nice! The Bing replacements looked like a good option, at a more affordable price, but I wanted something that was just plug and play and didn't require dissembling the TB or drilling/tapping. So... I designed a replacement that will slide on the metal portion of the throttle pulley and fasten with two screws. It will be made from SLS Nylon12 which I think will be stronger than the stock POM part. The POM part snapped to pieces way to easily when I was taking it off.

After a bunch of iterations I finally have something that I think will work and have ordered in my first two samples made of Nylon12 to test on my bike. I would like to sell these eventually, but need to test them thoroughly first.

Here are pictures of one of my final prototypes. As you can see I have beefed it up a lot from the stock pulley. The spring does touch the pulley a tad when the throttle is pulled, but I do not think it rubs enough to pose a problem.

Any thoughts/feedback is welcome!
Camera accessory Camera lens Gas Machine Auto part

Automotive tire Bicycle part Engineering Auto part Gas

·
Registered
2011 R1200R Classic
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took a little off the top so the spring doesn't rub now. I was trying make it as thick/strong as possible, but even with the 1.5mm removed off the top, it is plenty strong. I did a hammer test on a version printed in ASA and it dented and squashed but didn't shatter like the original POM one did. I will post up again after some real world testing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts