BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got a call from the dealer today, it arrived! I was able to go down and take one quick picture before prep.

I should be able to pick it up tomorrow afternoon:) I will take my camera and get some better and more numerous pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Thanks, I dare say that tomorrow will be a very long day at work.
I shouldn't say this but, aren't you feeling kind of sick? :dizzy:

If the weather is nice tomorrow, you should feel sick enough to call out at work, healthy enough to go out and ride your NEW ANNIVERSARY EDITION R

Just saying

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Very cool. Pictures please.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More pictures

I had an enjoyable ride home, about 3 times as long as normal :)

This is my first BMW motorcycle and I really enjoy it. The torque is nice and the bike is agile but still comfortable.

I did find a 2.5" blemish in the paint on the left side of the tank, looks like something was rubbing during shipping. Hopefully it isn't through the clear coat and can be buffed out. Other than that, perfect! Very happy with the bike!

Waiting on the side panniers and the tall (touring?) windscreen.

Had a bit of time to take a few pictures.

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
I bought my 2009 R12R back in November but still have't any days nice enough to take any photos!!!

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
Off to the ExCel tomorrow, first trip out with my wife on the back. Fully loaded with panniers just in case I spot a bargain at the show. Hopefully plenty of photo opportunities, but maybe not of my bike.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Special R

There's been the odd teasing glimpse of some sort of final edition street rod airhead boxer supposedly released as the final production of all. It's generally known of throughout bmw dealerships and it was at cologne I believe so it may be at excel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Picked up my R1200 R this weekend too....:)
Already love the bike and looking forward to riding it. I almost bought the 2012 model last year but ended up getting the Anniversary model this year.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm so jealous, mine is being delivered to the dealer today so I'll have to wait a couple of days while they prepare it.

Nice pics, congratulations and enjoy the ride

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
I'm so jealous, mine is being delivered to the dealer today so I'll have to wait a couple of days while they prepare it.

Nice pics, congratulations and enjoy the ride
You should go to the dealer and watch... stare over their shoulder until they are done and you can take it home :) ... my dealer let me be there for the great 'revealing' and I got to be the first one to start her and sit on her :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have just shy of 300 miles on it now. It is one of the most comfortable bikes I have ridden. I really wasn't expecting it to be as nimble as it is as well.

I am waiting on the tall windscreen to come in along with the panniers. Looking forward to seeing how it handles with them on.

My only regret isn't buying one years ago! Probably no surprise to those in here, but I think it is the best all around bike I have ridden. Reminds me of my Honda V65 Magna in a lot of ways, but better.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You should go to the dealer and watch... stare over their shoulder until they are done and you can take it home :) ... my dealer let me be there for the great 'revealing' and I got to be the first one to start her and sit on her :)
I went to the dealer at evening but the bike arrived late afternoon and was still in the crate. I was only able to peep her and take some spy shots, tomorrow I will ride her home.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts