BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 334 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have closed the older r1200r pictures thread which was becoming large with the amount of pages.
Please go to that thread to view pictures of the r1200r dating back to 2011.

This thread is where to continue posting pictures of your beloved r1200r.

Get your camera out, take pictures of your bike in interesting locations, you with your bike, of your bike parked up in your garage etc,
of course the continued positive comments on the various photos is welcome.

So.... this is me and bike.

Motor vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Mode of transport Motorcycling

·
Retired In Beautiful Tennessee
1,772 Posts
Skyline Drive, northern extension of the Blue Ridge Parkway, Virginia USA

"Tail of the Dragon", North Carolina/Tennessee, USA

·
Super Moderator
3,392 Posts
After a long ride from Albury NSW to Phillip Island to attend the 2016 MOTOGP, I took this picture just after I checked into my hotel. Hmmmm might have been a bit distracted framing the shot ......

Attachments

·
Mark – Moderator 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
2015 R1200R Exclusive
7,933 Posts
"You have reached your destination"

Home again after leaving my brother's house in Adelaide 11 hours 50 minutes earlier.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,393 Posts

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Very, very nice indeed, ST. I have remarked before that if an alien from Mars, never having seen a motorcycle before, was to visit Earth and see this bike, he would say to himself (in Martian of course) "ah ha, that must be a motorcycle".

It has a purity of lines and structure quite unlike anything else...

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
all the stars aligned today

Took the RS for a ride on evening to my favourite road.
Talk about a breeze to ride, well until I got off and stood up, that screen does a good job of wind protection.

Mountain range Mountainous landforms Vehicle Mountain Highland

·
2015 R1200R Exclusive
7,933 Posts
Took the RS for a ride on evening to my favourite road.
Talk about a breeze to ride, well until I got off and stood up, that screen does a good job of wind protection.
Whose RS, pray tell ...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Have closed the older r1200r pictures thread which was becoming large with the amount of pages.
Please go to that thread to view pictures of the r1200r dating back to 2011.

This thread is where to continue posting pictures of your beloved r1200r.

Get your camera out, take pictures of your bike in interesting locations, you with your bike, of your bike parked up in your garage etc,
of course the continued positive comments on the various photos is welcome.

So.... this is me and bike.

View attachment 61570

The black fairing is so awesome on that bike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Whose RS, pray tell ...
Took the RS for a ride...

Hmmmm...

Details?
Okay...I'll come clean.

It's a rental return, did some work for the motorbike rental company last summer, the owner has rung a couple of other times for bike relocations.
Been atrocious weather this summer, over the weekend the temperatures were low and raining, the rider of this RS rental, unfortunately become quiet sick, and decided to continue his travels by car.
It needs to be back by Friday a 5 hours ride away, this bike is the perfect opportunity for my better half to try and ride, he will take the ride Friday and get flown back home.

Meanwhile, have been making the use of it whilst at home, with after work rides.

Tonight took the another road that leads around the side of the main lake.
Wanted to see how the suspension handled this section of road, as the land above has gradually been slipping, thus its not as smooth as it was years ago. Found the suspension works very well, had a few kicks in the butt, but overall good, a little better than my r1200r.
On the way home it was a head wind, and really strong, the road winds high, and some bends hang out exposed on the mountain sides so you can cop the wind in these places, again found I was well protected behind the screen set low, the bikes fairing out front does seem slippery, I buttoned off on speed to be a little safer, did not find it a wrestling match with the wind tugging at the bike.
The clutch-less shifts where easily adapted too, it turns by just looking around the corner, the ease of fast speeds, over taking, it's very smoothness... :laugh2:made me feel like i was a fast good rider. :laugh2:

Vehicle Road Mode of transport Windshield Asphalt

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Mountain range

Some wind whipping up a normal calm lake

Highland Mountainous landforms Mountain Nature Wilderness

Highland Body of water Mountainous landforms Mountain Nature

·
2015 R1200R Exclusive
7,933 Posts
Lovely photos Erin.

The 'ease of fast speeds' was one reason I wasn't tempted to go with the RS (which initially caught my eye when the R/RS pair were announced) - its greatest utility is going fast, and my licence wasn't going to hold out. On the R, I'm happy to do big distances at a whisker over the speed limit, whereas on the RS I think I'd feel like going faster all the time.

1 - 20 of 334 Posts