BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has occurred to me that the Triumph Rocket lll guys I have ridden with a couple of times originally met on a forum, or two. They get together couple times a year and come from all around the country, and beyond. A few years ago in Colorado one of them came across the pond from England to ride with the folks he'd gotten to know via their forum. Anyway I'm new to this forum and just wondering if anyone here belongs to, or knows about any such groups of R1200R riders???

·
Registered
399 Posts
I think this is the right place - just need someone (points finger at OP) to organize an event... LOL!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm a member of the French ZRX club (my other bike) and we meet once a year for 3 days to ride, drink and chat. Best 3 days of the year!
What was once random forum members have since became really good real-life friends.

Meeting other owners in your country can't be nothing but a good time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm a member of the French ZRX club (my other bike) and we meet once a year for 3 days to ride, drink and chat. Best 3 days of the year!
What was once random forum members have since became really good real-life friends.

Meeting other owners in your country can't be nothing but a good time.
Yes, that's exactly what I see with the Rocket guys. Seems that by now something like this must have begun with 1200R people. What a great bike!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has occurred to me that the Triumph Rocket lll guys I have ridden with a couple of times originally met on a forum, or two. They get together couple times a year and come from all around the country, and beyond. A few years ago in Colorado one of them came across the pond from England to ride with the folks he'd gotten to know via their forum. Anyway I'm new to this forum and just wondering if anyone here belongs to, or knows about any such groups of R1200R riders???
Perhaps I'll try this...... We live in Enid, OK. Bought my 2018 R1200R little over a year ago in OKC. Loving this bike, although probably won't be riding too many long days on it like used to ride. There's some awesome motorcycling to be had just across the Arkansas border, Northwest corner especially. Are there other's out there who ride this great bike and would like to group up and ride the Ozarks?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I think this is the right place - just need someone (points finger at OP) to organize an event... LOL!
You sure about that? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

That's cool. I get it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe a group ride meeting at wheels thru time to honor the late owner Dale. He recently passed and a service is planned in the spring. I hear the museum is awesome and many nice roads nearby.
That whole area is some of the best riding in the country and Wheels Through Time would be the perfect place for a get together. I would certainly ride out there from Oklahoma, if the timing was right.

·
Dave in NE TN
1,017 Posts
Thanks, I wasn't aware of Wheels Through Time, and it's less than 100 miles / 160 kilometers from me. Sorry to hear about Dale.

I'll offer up my place in Jonesborough TN if riders want a free place to stay, a little hospitality and covered parking for their bikes.

Cheers, Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts