BMW R1200R Forum banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts
Devastating fires, hailstones the size of an orange...what’s next? Sheesh.
Ha! The very question I'm asking - tsunami; volcanic eruption; election of a Labor government; my new bike (still on the truck from Sydney) being struck by lightning and/ or swept away in a flood; Meghan & Harry visiting Australia. Talk about the ten plagues of Egypt!! :frown2:

Reactions: mikeS
As far as I can tell at this stage, thankfully we came away unscathed, although a peg was knocked from Frau Panzer's clothesline peg basket ...
Blimey! Surely time for a new 1250 R, Pz?

Reactions: Panzermann
....As far as I can tell at this stage, thankfully we came away unscathed, although a peg was knocked from Frau Panzer's clothesline peg basket ...
I dare say she'll never again reach for a clothesline peg without flashing back to the horror of that incident! :surprise:

PESTILENCE! We haven't had a good pestilence in quite a while - might be a refreshing change from the usual fare of wildfires, earthquakes, severe weather and politics.

More relevant info - in the event of pestilence I have found a new cleaner for windscreens that works well. It not only polishes the plastic well but seems to leave an invisible coating that makes it easier to remove insect deposits next time around. Called "slip streamer" and available through usual online sources. I prefer it over my past favorite "Plexus"

This may be the first useful contribution I've made to this forum!

I dare say she'll never again reach for a clothesline peg without flashing back to the horror of that incident! :surprise:
I heard on the grapevine that Mrs P is in a Home for the Bewildered under heavy sedation as a result of this...! >:)

Discussion starter · #69 ·
A fellow Forum member notified my that my former '09 R12R which I totaled is available here for sale:

https://www.copart.com/lot/60231149

Posting this in case anyone is interested in bidding on her. She's located in Fredericksburg VA USA. I have no financial interest in the outcome (though I'd love to see her go to a good home where at least some of her could be used). I have no knowledge of the process involved. I do know my insurance company told me the dealer estimated repairs up to $14K US before they declared her totaled, and that she could only be sold with a Salvage Title hereafter and never ridden again. You can see in my signature that she has lots of good parts, some of which might still be useful. I am not recommending anyone buy her, just letting everyone know that she is available, and providing as much info about her as I have.

Dave

Your insurance company drives a hard bargain.
I can just picture them telling the new owner, "You cannot ride that motorcycle! Get off of it immediately, you brigand. It's got a salvaged title, now stop it!"
(All while shaking a bony finger)

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

61 - 70 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.