BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 R1200RS and love the bike. However, I'm doing a lot more touring these days with long hours in the saddle. Towards the end of the day, the pain level in my shoulders is getting intense. Does anyone know of anything that can move the bars up and back at least 2 inches so I can have a more upright posture? I've installed the Heli risers and they do vary little to solve the issue. Barring a solution, I may have to look into moving into an RT.

thanks!

·
Mark – Moderator 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
6,787 Posts
It is possible to fit regular bars to an RS. Search the site and you should be able to find a thread/post on it.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I have a 2016 R1200RS and love the bike. However, I'm doing a lot more touring these days with long hours in the saddle. Towards the end of the day, the pain level in my shoulders is getting intense. Does anyone know of anything that can move the bars up and back at least 2 inches so I can have a more upright posture? I've installed the Heli risers and they do vary little to solve the issue. Barring a solution, I may have to look into moving into an RT.

thanks!
Did you ever sort this out?
I'm considering getting an 1250RS if BMW ever ships one to the USA....being somewhat short of arm, but long on desire, I'm curious as to what you have done.

I was just looking at Illium Works vid clip:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you ever sort this out?
I'm considering getting an 1250RS if BMW ever ships one to the USA....being somewhat short of arm, but long on desire, I'm curious as to what you have done.

I was just looking at Illium Works vid clip:
I used the risers from Heli (helibars.com) and they help but I still find the seating position lean is too far forward. This works really well in the twisties, but not so much with 6-8 hours in the saddle for long, straight roads like here in AZ. I have a BMW low seat which helps the overall seating position, but is painful for more than a couple of hours. So, I use the seat from Wunderlich which is a standard seat and much more comfortable and then just try to adjust my seating position regularly. I've heard that if you mount the standard bars from an R1200R it is much better, but I've not tried that. I'm thinking of moving to an RT at some point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts