BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 R1250R
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! Where I live (Montréal), the snow is here until at least March, so in the absence of being able to ride, boredom led me to create this YT video:
R1250LS(?)

What do you think - hit, or miss? (Bonus points to anyone who can identify why there's a resemblance to an 80's Suzuki Katana...)

Incidentally, the music in the video above is taken from an original composition of mine, in a different video that features a BMW K1:
Ride On! (Symbiosis) - in case you're interested.

·
Dave in NE TN USA
1,407 Posts
Nice nod to creativity and provenance. Hans Muth would approve.

Cheers! Dave

·
Registered
479 Posts
I personally don't like the fairing, and don't think it goes with the bike well... but approve of the rest, especially the Akra:p. Good creativity, though. And it's easily reversible, so zero harm.

·
Registered
2020 R1250R
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I personally don't like the fairing, and don't think it goes with the bike well... but approve of the rest, especially the Akra:p. Good creativity, though. And it's easily reversible, so zero harm.
And that’s why they have menus in restaurants…. Thank goodness we don’t all like the same things, or my bike wouldn’t be unique!

·
Registered
479 Posts
That is absolutely correct. I have NEVER seen a bike (or any vehicle, for that matter) left completely stock, so everybody makes it unique, one way or another. Nothing wrong with that :). But when you post a specific mod, you should expect comments both ways;).

At any rate, the headlight is almost universally hated, but I don't think it's that bad. Could be better, yes. But it's unique. Just wish BMW had left it with all LEDs, like the manual wrongly says it is. Oh well. But hey, at least it's glass, which is a rarity nowadays. And unique. I just changed the bulbs, and LED turn-signal boards, and I'm pleased with the different look. Let me post a picture, so you can get back at me by saying you hate it. Ha ha.

Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire

·
Registered
799 Posts
Oh boy, here we go again about the LED headlights. They are an option that was not selected for your bike. They are an option that is available for the HP style package, but are not defacto what comes with it.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
479 Posts
What? You don't know what you're talking about. My 2020 owner's manual doesn't even list H7 bulbs; they all were supposed to have LEDs STANDARD, at least here in the US. And I haven't seen a single one with LEDs, even 2022s.

·
Registered
2020 R1250R
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is absolutely correct. I have NEVER seen a bike (or any vehicle, for that matter) left completely stock, so everybody makes it unique, one way or another. Nothing wrong with that :). But when you post a specific mod, you should expect comments both ways;).

At any rate, the headlight is almost universally hated, but I don't think it's that bad. Could be better, yes. But it's unique. Just wish BMW had left it with all LEDs, like the manual wrongly says it is. Oh well. But hey, at least it's glass, which is a rarity nowadays. And unique. I just changed the bulbs, and LED turn-signal boards, and I'm pleased with the different look. Let me post a picture, so you can get back at me by saying you hate it. Ha ha.

View attachment 113881
My original post did say “What do you think - hit, or miss?”, so I think that makes it obvious that I realize not everyone will necessarily approve…. But you know what they say: ‘opinions are like a$$holes; everybody has one’.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts