BMW R1200R Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Does the stainless version have the locating lugs?

Weird I would have thought they would be same no matter what the material.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No mate. The locating lugs are the problem and Evotech will need to sort it. I just fitted mine, but my bike is the Sport model with the steel side panels and no lugs.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That’s interesting.

Just check you have clearance between the cover and the radiator on the LHS cover (the side without the filler cap). With the plastic covers I had the problem of the lugs, plus the mounting arm of the Evotech guard fouled the cover such that the screws would not seat correctly - but only on the LHS.

If you got no lugs, and clearance from the radiator guard on both sides, then I guess fitting Evotech guard is just an issue for the plastic side pods.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yep, I can confirm there are no issues at all. It fitted easily, to be fair. Everything lined up and seated fine.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
I went for the titanium look paint – again just trying to give the overall blackness of the bike a wee lift.
Here she is;
That does look very smart indeed, Gareth, as you say significantly lifting the visual aspect in that rather sombre area. Nicely done! I have an oil-rad guard similar to yours, as-yet not installed, and may give it a quick once-over with a rattle-can of silver paint to get a similar result.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Ideal Malcvtr and GDM. I didn't realise there was a difference. I figured the silver ones were plastic painted silver.
Can understand now why Evotech missed this.

Cheers Laurence, I'm happy enougth with the R&G radiator guard, but if I am being fussy, and can't we all be, I'm not that keen on the R&G logos.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Haha, looks like we solved that one. Don't buy if you have the plastic covers, otherwise fits nicely.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts