BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anybody know if the rear shock absorber on the R1250R is the same as that on the R1200R LC - or at least whether the dimensions are precisely the same?

I want to upgrade my non-ESA rear shock but I can only find aftermarket shocks for the R1200R LC. They are not listed yet for the R1250R.

I’m pretty sure that the frames are the same so I guess the rear shocks are indeed identical, but does anybody know for sure?

Jack

·
Mark – 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
5,684 Posts
You can check the AS Cycles parts fiche to see if the part numbers correspond, @Fazerboy

Reactions: Mr. Badger

·
5,684 Posts
Don't forget to report back :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't forget to report back :)
Well, if you mean report back as to whether they are the same then yes, the rear shock for the R1200R/RS LC appears to be the same as for the R1250R/RS as the part numbers are the same.

If you mean report back if and when I get an upgraded rear shock fitted, that may take a little longer. I’m looking at getting a Nitron R2.

·
5,684 Posts
Both, thanks (y)

Reactions: mikeyman67

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi,

Does anybody know if the rear shock absorber on the R1250R is the same as that on the R1200R LC - or at least whether the dimensions are precisely the same?

I want to upgrade my non-ESA rear shock but I can only find aftermarket shocks for the R1200R LC. They are not listed yet for the R1250R.

I’m pretty sure that the frames are the same so I guess the rear shocks are indeed identical, but does anybody know for sure?

Jack

I changed my springs to Wilburs front and back a few years ago, Not a cheap exercise but excellent results . Assume they have for the 1250

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ted Porter provided a Tractive for me for my 1250R.

Like it very much!

JtL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts