BMW R1200R Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
R1250r

By the way, don't you think it is time we had a separate forum for the 1250?

That Q has already been brought up/discussed, and the answer is NO.
Or, Oh no ! (Thanks Eric)

Hexheads and Camheads shared the same space for eight years.
The 2015 _LC was a new generation of Boxer.
The R1250R Shift-Cam is an engine tweak.
A "better fueling" version. Not a completely new design.
It shares all the other basic parts with the former model.
Like a factory race tune ECU, full Termi system, or other Ducati mod.
When hybrids, full electric, 1500cc turbo, or self-driving versions appear,
please feel free to ask again.
"What's behind me isn't important" exclaimed one racer.
Since the Shift-Cam leaves the older LC in the dust, don't be too concerned about it.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts

Since the Shift-Cam leaves the older LC in the dust, don't be too concerned about it.
J'agree! If interlopers such as myself (Yamaha), Dr Strangelove (GS), even Panzermann (Yamaha SRX6) can participate, why not even closer-clones such as the 1250R? :nerd:

Reactions: Panzermann

·
Registered
642 Posts
Oh no ! :frown2::crying:
No need. The 1250 is just a newer version of the 1200. Since much carries over, giving it its own subsection would be better. Just tweak the webpage listing(s) so Google would bring traffic here when people search for info on the R1250R and RS.

Reactions: mikeS

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I think it was all down hill since they introduced the twin cam in 2010. >:)

·
Registered
29 Posts
So going from 1200 to 12050ccm is a minor update?

Can't wait for a major 🤪

·
Registered
24 Posts
But it feels dirty all these folks with lesser bikes. 😩 spreading disinformation about the 1250. If the R9T can get it’s own section then why not the r1250r?

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So going from 1200 to 12050ccm is a minor update?

Can't wait for a major 🤪
I guess the last major change was going from the cam head to the wet head. Not only a different engine but suspension and drive train.

·
Registered
24 Posts

So what is the score here exactly? Is the forum owned by you and basically what you say goes? How is this forum run?

Would be nice to have a separate section for those of us not interested in reading about other models. And yes, the 1250 is a different model bike.

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
So what is the score here exactly? Is the forum owned by you and basically what you say goes? How is this forum run?

Would be nice to have a separate section for those of us not interested in reading about other models. And yes, the 1250 is a different model bike.
Could I suggest if you think the R1250R is a different model then you find a more appropriate forum?

Reactions: Neillz1200R

·
Registered
53 Posts

What is more important, the name or the specifications ?
The R1200R LC (2015-2018) has more in common with the R1250R than with the R1200R Hexcam (2006-2014).

By the way, could one of the moderators rename the discussion title to correct the R12050R typo ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Im sorry i cant believe the difference of 50 cc can be 'night and day' as one you tube reviewer stated.
Im sure it will be a bit torquier with its extra 11 or so bhp, but taking into consideration that the bike now carries a bit extra weight, i cant see the it been as big a difference from the 1200r as we have been led to believe- my opinion only,

·
Registered
100 Posts

Would be nice to have a separate section for those of us not interested in reading about other models. And yes, the 1250 is a different model bike.[/QUOTE]

For what it’s worth I don’t think a separate section in the forum for R1250 would necessarily be a bad thing. Most people seem happy to contribute across different models so it wouldn’t do any harm as long as it’s all in good taste. Whilst the R1250R does share a number of similarities with the R1200R LC there are also some differences ie TFT, ShiftCam, colour schemes, etc.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I guess the last major change was going from the cam head to the wet head. Not only a different engine but suspension and drive train.

I am not going to say why I was eager to acquire a pre-1250 1200R.

Anyway, no matter what BMW does to their bikes, the only thing that really makes a bike go faster, at least in the corners... is that thing on the seat.

·
Mark – 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
5,660 Posts
Anyway, no matter what BMW does to their bikes, the only thing that really makes a bike go faster, at least in the corners... is that thing on the seat.
Nah - it's the nut behind the handlebars. :wink2:

Reactions: mikeS

·
Premium Member
3,991 Posts
Btw the URL http://www.r1250rforum.com/ redirects to this forum :)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The r1250r does have a sub forum here.
And as you have noted, search the r1250r and it directs to here.

Strange, im sure this member asked to have his account deleted a few weeks ago!
Now suggests if its time to have a separate forum for the r1250r :icon_scratch:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree with the comments regarding the soft throttle response, I ride in dynamic and coming from a S1000r which I rode mainly in road it is very sedate and takes some getting used too. Almost certainly the gearing but the s1000r was happy cruising in 6th doing 60kmh and would accelerate effortlessly from that I find myself in third at that speed on the r1250r. Luckily the engine is so smooth and balanced, gear changes to third also a bit clunky if I baby it.

Also when I split to the front at the traffic lights I never thought about getting off the line on the s1000r and even my FZ1N they just explode out of the blocks, the r1250r I just have to be conscious of the slower take up.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts