BMW R1200R Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
R1250R
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
At 12 degrees C it was a good bit warmer today, and reasonably dry, so I figured I may as well finish scrubbing in the tyres.

So what can I tell you? Well, the Bridgestone BT32’s are round and pretty forgettable. I mean other than initially noticing that the bike didn’t bite back every corner I kinda forgot about them and just got on with having a nice 30 mile blast.

They seem absolutely fine. Again, I’d say more neutral than the sporty profiled Z8’s

So now fully scrubbed in, but nowhere to go. Just waiting for lockdown to be lifted and some half decent weather.

·
Registered
2020 R1250R HP
407 Posts
"I forgot about them" actually sounds like quite an accomplishment for a tire, in my opinion.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Road 5's smell about like a Laphroaig, too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Mark – 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
6,105 Posts
Road 5's smell about like a Laphroaig, too
I might have to try this Laphroaig, then.

If they did a blend that had the smell of a new book, my wife would probably even drink it.

·
Registered
R1250R
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I might have to try this Laphroaig, then.
It is sort of similar taste to a well-used ash tray, with a bouquet of motorcycle tyre whilst the after taste is of dentists finger. If you are of a certain age you will probably remember the days before dentists wore latex gloves and yes that strange mingin lingering taste after they had had their fingers in yer gob.

Go for cask strength for the full effect.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts