BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BMW Motorrad just unveiled the new R1250R at EICMA 2018.

100 kW and 143 Nm, as expected.

New TFT dash and new colours are available, along with additional ($$$$) custom parts, some of which are fitted to this example (e.g. mirrors, wheels).

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some stock photos

(I still prefer my Thunder Grey colour)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at the R1250GS torque curve, the new engine makes the same torque at 2000 rpm as the LC at 4000. :surprise:

I only hope they've retuned the throttle input/output curve accordingly, or I'd be riding in rain mode all the time!

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
The tft screen looks as if it will expensive to retrofit to the lc if at all possible as it will need the new brackets as well as the screen

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That chocolate one....yep that one, looks rather appealing.
Looks even better in in this photo. Seems there might be a black, too, which doesn’t have the bling radiator shrouds (perhaps the latter are optional - maybe they’ll fit the current LC for those looking to spice up their look).

ESA is upgraded to set trim regardless of load.
Optional sports handlebars.
Hill start.
Improved ASC/DTC.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Why didn't they give it a full LED highlight same as the RS??!?! ***sobs***
I know. It is frustrating. I was hoping to do a retrofit.

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Reactions: Clem

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
:coolpics:

These look nice, especially the Rallye Roadster (white, red, blue) but still gonna wait for the 100th Anniversary 1300cc model before I get too excited.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well it has the one feature that I wanted: the automatic emergency call. Apparently it is also available with sports handlebars, which I think would suit me. I'm not so sure about LCD - I'm old fashioned enough that I think the Kawasaki Z900RS has the best dash I've ever seen - two large analogue dials with LCD between them.

In all likelihood, when the last third of the BMW financing arrives, I'll probably trade my current one for the new one. And the green one looks fabulous. If the brown one didn't have the stripes, it would be perfect!

·
Registered
2 Posts
The dash was the main reason i didn’t pull the trigger on a 2018 r1200r so im happy BMW didn’t disappoint in that aspect.
I still cant understand why no full LED headlight in these times...may be it might end being an option ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here’s what Sir Alan Cathcart says about the new (in this case GS fitted) engine regarding the unnerving ticking sound many new owners notice (but seems to disappear as our ears ‘get older’)

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
I like the new range of BMW motorcycles and the R still looks as good as the first time I had seen one a few years back.

The headlight not being LED is a major disappointment, but the new fairing on the RS looks really nice.

The colours are also exciting and not as "bland" as the older colours.

I would like to have a modified R (like the one that was posted a few days back) in my garage, but the GS will do for now.
My bike will get a Hilltop tune in December, once I get my back side to Castle Hill (Australia that is).

I am very interested to see how my bike will compare to the new 1250 in regards to the torque curve.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My issues: I don't care for the lower fairing: too much visual mass down low. Makes it look heavy. The radiator deflectors look like awkward add-ons. The front fender is a bit bulbous for me. I would clean up the front to balance with the rear better. Its a real bummer that the LED headlight might not retrofit.

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am very interested to see how my bike will compare to the new 1250 in regards to the torque curve.
Post #3 gives a good indication (I believe the 1200 GS and R are very similar, although the R has a tad more torque due to the air box design).

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Attachments

Reactions: jrsbike
1 - 20 of 107 Posts