BMW R1200R Forum banner
101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Mark – Moderator 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
First article on the R1250R I’ve seen, courtesy of Visordown.
Unless the tester is mistaken, there could be a change in ride modes on the 1250R.

“The addition of the Dynamic and Dynamic Pro riding modes to the sport model bring a welcome boost in mid-range and top end poke without turning the bike into a fire-breathing monster ...”

The ride modes on the 1200 affect only butterfly opening vs twist-grip opening rates, with WOT and peak power and torque available in all modes.

·
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
I found even the R12LC to be a lazy rider’s naked bike. To ride my F800 quickly I needed to brake late and keep corner speed high (having good, but basic, suspension). The LC lets you take a more moderate entry and as soon as you can see the exit, roll on the gas to grunt out of the corner with gusto. Torque is available at any revs, and the suspension/chassis is unflappable.

When I say quickly, I’m using it in the opposite sense of the reviewer - to me, fast means high speed, quick means a brisk pace. And any bike without a fairing is a naked bike; the reviewer is referring to what I would call super-nakeds when he uses the term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mikeS

·
Registered
2017 R1200r LC sport.
1,897 Posts
I often use the same terms as the reviewer when describing my bikes to others as in my speed triple is quick (point and squirt) but not very fast (140mph top speed) so it made a lot of sense to me. On the other hand any bike with 105 ft lbs is not going to be a slouch. :smile2:

·
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
I often use the same terms as the reviewer when describing my bikes to others as in my speed triple is quick (point and squirt) but not very fast (140mph top speed) so it made a lot of sense to me. On the other hand any bike with 105 ft lbs is not going to be a slouch. :smile2:
Um, I think that’s my point. The reviewer implies ‘quick’ is outright speed (e.g. KTM SuperDuke), whereas ‘fast’ to him means very brisk, without outright high speed.

Reactions: mikeS

·
Registered
24 Posts
Reviewer is referring to acceleration. "Quick and fast both get the same top speed, but quick gets there faster.." LOL. If you look at the torque/HP curves differencs are really only notable above 14O kph and/or high revs, and even then are not major.

·
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Aussie owners, jump in now to save some money on MY20 models. Your last chance to grab the Pollux Green, and MY21 models are EU-5 rather than EU-4, which you might prefer ...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I`m liking all aspects, my concerns would be pannier rails + frame and nav 5 from existing bike to be compatible with new bike. Give it a year and I will possibly take advantage of a pre reg deal.

Exciting. The RS is looking fitter too.

:smile2:

Chris
3 years later... Upgraded although there was absolutely nothing wrong with my brilliant 1200 exclusive. Realistically it will be a couple of months before it sees a warmish, dry, salt free road.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts