BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, newbie interested in the r1250r hope thats ok on here? Test rode one on friday, loved it except for knowing i must have a screen if i was to buy. Having said that it may slow me down enough so i don't notice.....oh bugger not with that engine馃榾. I cannot buy for a little whioe so plenty of time to research and figire out which screen may work for me. Thanks for having me.

Registered
Hi Baz, I rode one last weekend and pick one up this coming Tuesday. I have added the BMW sport screen just to keep the bugs off the front end. Some say that there is less buffeting without a screen. Naked bikes do keep your speed down a little and certainly for prolonged periods.

Good luck with your purchase when you commit.

Matt

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Matt, which version have you bought? I tested the sport nice in white although was offered a good deal on the pollux exclusive.

Registered
I rode the sport version and bought a fully loaded (the 3 packs and a few other bits) black one. White was a little too in your face for me @ 47.

Nice paint on the pollux version.

Matt

Registered
I purchased the 719 option with the 719 seat + all of the packages + luggage. The bike looks stunning in this colour, better in person than on the web.

I am still running it in so gathering impressions. I must say I'm really happy so far. Previous bike was an S1000XR (best bike I have ever owned).

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I purchased the 719 option with the 719 seat + all of the packages + luggage. The bike looks stunning in this colour, better in person than on the web.

I am still running it in so gathering impressions. I must say I'm really happy so far. Previous bike was an S1000XR (best bike I have ever owned).
That looks fantastic i thought the 719 was brown with black yours looks black with brown?

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
I rode the sport version and bought a fully loaded (the 3 packs and a few other bits) black one. White was a little too in your face for me @ 47.

Nice paint on the pollux version.

Matt
Nice, i thought the black looked further better in the flesh than photos, blimey you really splashed out with all the packages. Please post a photo. Too old at 47 yer having a laugh m8, i am 56 lol.

Registered
That looks fantastic i thought the 719 was brown with black yours looks black with brown?
Paint on tank and fairing is a dark brown colour, but changes according to the light... Very elegant looking. The paint has a very deep gloss. Ooozes quality. Engine and wheels are black, whith grey also present here and there.

Attachments

Premium Member
I got to say the colour looks fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Antonio Russell

Super Moderator
I got to say the colour looks fantastic!
Like the Metallic Pollux, I don鈥檛 think BMW Motorrad鈥檚 photos do the colours justice. Looks classier than I expected.

Super Moderator
Not wishing to put a dampener on those who go for the 1250, but has anyone noticed that the claimed kerb weight is 8 kg heavier than the 1200 (239 vs 231) and 0-100 km/h is 0.1 sec slower (3.3 vs 3.4, from what I could find) notwithstanding Shift Cam and greater displacement, with consequent increases across the board in torque and power?

Just saying' 鈥 >:)

Reactions: Clem

Registered
All that additional weight in the head I would imagine? I think the extra power will show from a rolling start.

I have 60 miles on mine so haven鈥檛 opened it up yet, but it feels far stronger than my Rninet.

Regards

Matt

Premium Member
It's all good !!!

Not wishing to put a dampener on those who go for the 1250,
but has anyone noticed that the claimed kerb weight is 8 kg heavier than the 1200 (239 vs 231)
and 0-100 km/h is 0.1 sec slower (3.3 vs 3.4, from what I could find)
notwithstanding Shift Cam and greater displacement,
with consequent increases across the board in torque and power?
Just saying' 鈥...

The Camhead with better ground clearance is yet another 8+ kilograms lighter than the 2015 L.C.(223 vs 231)
223 kilograms includes Telelever and standard equipment center stand.
The center stand was a $175 factory install on the LC. Not free standard equipment. IMO
Just sayin' , mind you......
That's 16 kg.s + lighter than the Shift-Head ?
2019 - More power, but with more weight. And more electronic gadget creature comforts.
Is the new more, ...less??

So, before I break my arm trying to pat myself on the back,
Gentlemen, are Roadsters getting more porky with every model change ? :001_unsure:

But more important, Is that a good direction for you ??? :rolleyes:

Touring.
More weight will soften the long ride just like heavy bar-ends dampen vibrations.

More weight, less fatigue. Good for touring !
I'm usually in this comfort camp.

Sport.
If filing down peg feelers, knee dragging, lean angle,
slip-on, ECU flash, and comparing chicken strips interests you,
then a general trend toward "lighter is better" may be prudent.
Lose weight or gain HP, either cost you $$ to gain a tenth of a second.
And it is thrilling !! Everyone should have track day experiences.

It's ALL GOOD.
However you decide to use your Roadster for pleasure and excitement.
Just get out there and RIDE !!!

Premium Member
1 - 20 of 54 Posts