BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I've been popping in to "lurk" for some time, finally decided to create a "profile" since I now have some seat time on my own R1200R that I picked up in February. Despite what my tag says, I'm not a REAL Hooligan, I try to ride responsibly and actually give bikers a good name! I will add details to my profile including pics as I get things figured out. My wife and I both sold our 1200 GS's and purchased "R's" this year which came home with sequential VIN #'s and have been having a great time on them since! I look forward to learning from you all, as well as offering any experiences and lessons learned I have with this awesome bike!

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Whoo. . 2R's! Welcome! As far as I can tell, none of us are psychopaths, so you're in good company. . .:) There's probably someone here to answer almost any question. Not necessarily correctly, but. . . . :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DrDave, I see you are from ChiTown! The wife and I escaped from Rock Island IL, it's on the opposite side (west) of the state, but just as cold with the wind whipping across empty corn and bean fields. We are liking the mountains and beaches of NC much better! Thanks for the welcome aboard message! As for info received on the posts, I automatically assume all info in the "interweb" is accurate! :001_huh:

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Yes, and we are all French Models. . Bonjour. . . I can see why, just theoretically, one might leave the lunar weather of Illinois for NC. It was 95 today and is going to drop into the 50's tonight.

When people ask what in the way of clothing one should bring for a trip to Illinois, my answer had been "a space suit." I stopped when my fellow Midwesterners (for whom irony is a foreign form of humor) kept asking me. . ."wow, where can I get one?" :)

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
WELCOME BeemerHooligan. We're glad to have you and your wife on the Forum. Consecutive serial numbers? That's a first. Look forward to reading both of your impressions of the Roadsters, especially after getting off the GS. I have ridden around Raleigh-ish myself a time or two.
Great bunch of inmates here. Enjoy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dr Dave, it was the last straw when I stood in my livingroom and watched 18" of that white garbage arrive in just 10 hours, brought in by 40mph winds! NO THANKS, not to mention Cook County making gun laws for the entire state (no offense meant to you but i'm rooting for constitutional carry to take place on July 10!) Clem, we were forturnate enough to be able to order our bikes while they were still being made. There were none available just the way we wanted so Greg at Capitol BMW got an extra one out of "the cue" and built them to spec, no ESA, NO Traction Control, just sort of no frills bikes, so the orders went in the same day. They were assmebled one behind the other on the line, my VIN ends in 489, and hers ends in 490. They were shipped together and uncrated at the same time in the dealership. There are pics on the Capitol BMW Motorsports facebook page of the day we brought them home, proud parents! Wife and I both LOVE them, I'm anxiously awaiting a call from Leo Vince USA, hoping they tracked down a "discontinued" header for my bike so I can get rid of the cat and let it breathe!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome. I'm not sure the Leo Vince header will allow the bike to breath much better. While it is significantly lighter than the OEM header and Cat, the difference in air flow resistance is minimal. I actually have a Leo Vince header and silencer on mine. I replaced my header because I dropped the bike and badly damaged the original header. The Leo Vince was a lot less expensive than the BMW. Now the Leo Vince Silencer is great! I hated the sound with the BMW can. Now the bike sounds great.

·
Registered
800 Posts
There's an article in this month's OTL on a full set of titanium header & pipe on a GS... what the hey... :devil:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts