1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
What bike is that?

·
Mark – 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
6,509 Posts
The drive is shared with the GS, for which the rear guard is attached to those holes.

Reactions: r0ckrat and dbyker

·
Registered
43 Posts
Is the GS mudguard interchangeable between the two models? Before I get excited, I seem to recall reading here that it wasn’t, but I can’t remember why not.
Yeah the GS Mudguard fits, its the same rear drive, a few on this forum have fitted one. The only issue I believe is that, as the GS has a 170 width tyre as against the R1200R which has a 180 width that the mudguard looks ever so slightly out of kilter when observing from the rear. Its a miniscule issue but could be too much for some especially if there are any leanings towards OCD!

·
Dave in NE TN
1,230 Posts
MINTY,

Welcome to the R1200R Forum.

Moving this thread from New Member Introduction to 2015+ R1200/1250R LC General Discussion.

Recommend you provide an introduction and update your signature or profile with your model, location etc.

Dave

Reactions: MINTY

·
Registered
2020 R1250R in Pollux Metallic Matte
343 Posts
Yeah the GS Mudguard fits, its the same rear drive, a few on this forum have fitted one. The only issue I believe is that, as the GS has a 170 width tyre as against the R1200R which has a 180 width that the mudguard looks ever so slightly out of kilter when observing from the rear. Its a miniscule issue but could be too much for some especially if there are any leanings towards OCD!
Ok, yes, that sounds familiar. Must’ve been the tire size / OCD issue that earlier steered me clear of the idea. Ah well.

·
6,509 Posts
2017 R1200r (Celebration Edition )
You have us confused, MINTY. The picture is of a pre-2015 drive so I moved it to the 2007-14 section of the forum, but you are saying it’s 2017? I’m nit aware of a 2017 Celebration Edition.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is the GS mudguard interchangeable between the two models? Before I get excited, I seem to recall reading here that it wasn’t, but I can’t remember why not.
Wider TYRE on the R. I believe .
You have us confused, MINTY. The picture is of a pre-2015 drive so I moved it to the 2007-14 section of the forum, but you are saying it’s 2017? I’m nit aware of a 2017 Celebration Edition.
Interesting
Definitely purchased as 2017 model ex Japan

·
6,509 Posts
Interesting
Definitely purchased as 2017 model ex Japan
Sorry MINTY - it's me that's having the brain conniption. 🤦‍♂️ The LH side drive certainly makes it a 2015+.

With the black caliper (rather than gold) it would be Racing Red?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Could you put up a pic of both to show what you mean please?
The drive is shared with the GS, for which the rear guard is attached to those holes.

View attachment 112193
what year is this one
MINTY,

Welcome to the R1200R Forum.

Moving this thread from New Member Introduction to 2015+ R1200/1250R LC General Discussion.

Recommend you provide an introduction and update your signature or profile with your model, location etc.

Dave
THANKS
Will do
Cheers

·
6,509 Posts
what year is this one
The photo I shared was found on the web - it's a 2013+ GS (the water-cooled GS preceded the equivalent Roadster by a couple years). Below shows a pre-2013 GS final drive with rear guard. The drive is shared with pre-2015 1200 Roadsters.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I run the GS mud guard if I think I’ll be riding in wet weather. It fits a little off center. My buddy with a GS threw his away saying it was too ugly to be on his bike. I agree with him but I can’t see it when I’m riding and it does it’s job.

·
Registered
2019 R1250R HP Black, 2019 R1250GS HP Rally X
25 Posts
I've got a 2019 GS and 2019 R so I can swap the guard over and take a photo to show what it looks like if you like...? I've also got a hugger on my R, so it might look a little weird

·
Registered
2019 R1250R HP Black, 2019 R1250GS HP Rally X
25 Posts
I have to agree, they are a little fuggly, but do the job well. It's amazing just how well they work.
I took mine off my GS as I didn't like the look, within the first day of riding without it, (in muddy conditions), I decided to put it back on just because of the amount of crap stuck up under the tail that wasn't there on the prior days riding the same roads/conditions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I run the GS mud guard if I think I’ll be riding in wet weather. It fits a little off center. My buddy with a GS threw his away saying it was too ugly to be on his bike. I agree with him but I can’t see it when I’m riding and it does it’s job.
I don't have buddies like that
YET
Put one on my 2016, stops a lot of rain water from getting dumped in the back of my pants.
UNCONFORTABLE and a bad look (avoidable)
I have to agree, they are a little fuggly, but do the job well. It's amazing just how well they work.
I took mine off my GS as I didn't like the look, within the first day of riding without it, (in muddy conditions), I decided to put it back on just because of the amount of crap stuck up under the tail that wasn't there on the prior days riding the same roads/conditions.
Function. Over FORM. (rather be dry/clean than a fashion VICTIM)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts