BMW R1200R Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I've got a 2019 GS and 2019 R so I can swap the guard over and take a photo to show what it looks like if you like...? I've also got a hugger on my R, so it might look a little weird
THANKS HEAPS
Would be AWESOME to see !

·
Registered
2016 BMW R1200R
123 Posts
I don't have buddies like that
YET

UNCONFORTABLE and a bad look (avoidable)

Function. Over FORM. (rather be dry/clean than a fashion VICTIM)

I have the Mud Sling mounted on mine. Doesn't perform the same function as a Mud Gaurd ?

·
Registered
2020 R1250R in Pollux Metallic Matte
343 Posts
I've got a 2019 GS and 2019 R so I can swap the guard over and take a photo to show what it looks like if you like...? I've also got a hugger on my R, so it might look a little weird
I’d love to see it, to get an idea of how off-center it is.

·
Registered
2016 BMW R1200R
123 Posts
Doesn't the " mud sling" perform the same function? Or do I need ome of these also?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Doesn't the " mud sling" perform the same function? Or do I need ome of these also?
Yet to find out
Wondering if I will need a front guard extender TOO
THINK I will wait and see
Believe the mud sling protects the shock from mud and shite build up

·
Registered
R1200R LC 2017
45 Posts
The mudsling protects the rear shock perfectly bus does not protect your back. The Ilmberger hugger also protects the rear shock and does a bit better job protecting your back. Negative side effect of the hugger (to me) is that I don’t like the looks and it makes a humming sound while riding. Therefore I went for the combination of the mudsling with the GS fender-thing. (Pictures on page one of this thread.

·
Registered
2016 BMW R1200R
123 Posts
The mudsling protects the rear shock perfectly bus does not protect your back. The Ilmberger hugger also protects the rear shock and does a bit better job protecting your back. Negative side effect of the hugger (to me) is that I don’t like the looks and it makes a humming sound while riding. Therefore I went for the combination of the mudsling with the GS fender-thing. (Pictures on page one of this thread.
Sorry if I missed it in the thread but where did you order it from and who makes it. Thanks.

·
Registered
R1200R LC 2017
45 Posts
I live in The Netherlands and ordered the mudsling from a dealer in United Kingdom. The “rear fender” is an original BMW GS part which I bought from my local BMW dealership.

·
Registered
2016 BMW R1200R
123 Posts
I live in The Netherlands and ordered the mudsling from a dealer in United Kingdom. The “rear fender” is an original BMW GS part which I bought from my local BMW dealership.
I see. I already have the mudsling so I just need the hugger. I'll get up with Bob's BMW to see if the 2016 GS ADV hugger will fit. Hope the weather over there is better than here in NW FL. Rain, rain and when it's not raining its 95 F plus with a million percent humidity!! Thanks. 👍

21 - 29 of 29 Posts