BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems to me that a small-ish rear hugger might improve the appearance of the rear under-seat area of the bike somewhat, and more so help keep the underbelly cleaner.

Does anyone have any ideas on sourcing: better still, any pix?

I don't want / can't afford the full carbon kit, but a fibre-glass item would be equally useful, I'm sure. Input appreciated!

L of S

·
Registered
191 Posts
I plan on picking up the Wunderlich Extreme hugger this spring.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've being considering this too for a long time but still don't know if it is necessary tho.

My only concern (beside price) is that it seems like it must be painted to match the 2013 swingarm color.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all ideas. I’m interested in the Nippy Norman’s item, priced at a reasonable £129 plus mailing, and also because it seems to be a ‘real’ or full hugger, reaching as far back as the top-centre of the rear tyre.

But, a cuppla issues or questions. First, on the NN’s web-page there is a paragraph that says that a purchaser of this unit had suggested ‘If ESA is fitted (it is) it is necessary to remove completely the bottom retainer of the ESA cable. Like this it will work properly. The spray protector should be removed as it does nothing now and would touch the hugger”.

Questions: (1) how does one remove the spray protector – it seems to be very firmly secured to the ESA unit and no screws or other fastenings are visible. (2) If the spray protector is removed, is the ESA cable then secured in some way to the hugger (presumably on the outside front face of the hugger, but how)?

Any other words of wisdom, guy? I’m naturally not willing to buy the NN hugger if I am not completely happy that I can install it satisfactorily. All inputs will be very welcome.

L of S

1 - 9 of 9 Posts