BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
REMUS just released their newest canister option for the BMW R1200R & RS - The REMUS 8:

I wanted to see whether there is any interest in a Group Buy for the first units that are going to arrive in the US within the next 4 weeks?
The regular price is $1029.- (Stainless) and $1079.- (Stainless/Black) but I would be able to offer a much better deal if we can get a good group together.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any additional questions. You can also simply email me at [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
I'm not in USA but I'm interested to hear what this can does differently to the existing Hexacone models (other than look different).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not in USA but I'm interested to hear what this can does differently to the existing Hexacone models (other than look different).
You can expect similar, if not identical results when it comes to performance and sound. It simply comes down to what you prefer to see on your bike. It is a unique design and has quickly become our most popular canister option for the R1200GS. We received an overwhelming amount of inquiries of R1200R & RS riders requesting the REMUS 8 canister option as well and here it is.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just as a bit of constructive criticism I think it looks worse than the stock chrome muffler plus it looks just as big and also it's expensive - what's to like?
Not so sure about "constructive" but I complete respect your opinion. As mentioned in my previous post - the REMUS 8 canister option for the R1200GS has quickly become our best selling option which leads me to believe that not everybody shares your view. Personal preferences differ and I respect all of them. AND, if you're not a fan of the REMUS 8 canister option maybe you want to take a look at the REMUS Black Hawk and/or REMUS HexaCone option that we will still be offering:smile2:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Not so sure about "constructive" but I complete respect your opinion. As mentioned in my previous post - the REMUS 8 canister option for the R1200GS has quickly become our best selling option which leads me to believe that not everybody shares your view. Personal preferences differ and I respect all of them. AND, if you're not a fan of the REMUS 8 canister option maybe you want to take a look at the REMUS Black Hawk and/or REMUS HexaCone option that we will still be offering:smile2:

Well that explains it, the remus 8 would not detract from the looks of a GS, I can see that :smile2:
IMO the black hawk is a nice piece of work and looks great on the R/RS, what price for one?

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Hey thanks Patrick for the group buy offer on the new Remus 8!

PS: How about a new style for the superior Camhead engine ? :wink2: 

1 - 7 of 7 Posts