BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my buddy has these on his Husqvarna and they are really nice! High quality (and price).
I think I could fit them on the aluminium frame of my Barkbuster hand guards.

Having ridden his bike with them on, the only issue is objects are MUCH closer than they appear but the field of view is really good.
You can buy the mounts separately though, and put another type of mirror on them.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm I hear it's not great over there. My brother in law just spent his 2nd birthday in a row in lockdown. Ontario I think.
Hopefully you get past it soon!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Having ridden his bike with them on, the only issue is objects are MUCH closer than they appear but the field of view is really good.
You can buy the mounts separately though, and put another type of mirror on them.
Do you know if your buddy bought the mounts with the CRG Hindsightr round mirrors, if not which brand/model does he have?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Hmm I hear it's not great over there. My brother in law just spent his 2nd birthday in a row in lockdown. Ontario I think.
Hopefully you get past it soon!
You and me both, brother! After more than a year of doing little else other than sitting around on my ar5e, I'm getting a bit stir-crazy, to say the least. (I'm also in Ontario). It's getting pretty crazy here - for example, a local church refused, several times, to heed the health rules around building occupancy limits, etc, and as result was ordered physically locked by a judge. And that's not the crazy part. The poor locksmith that was hired to change the locks has now been subjected to online bashing in the form of 1-star ratings by the so-called "Christian" church members. This is a small local lock company that I've had nothing but excellent dealings with for many years. They've been in business for over 50 years. I guess "love thy neighbour" isn't part of whatever religion this church practises.

I've had my first vaccination, but the local health authorities have decided in their infinite wisdom that instead of the manufacturer-recommended 3-week interval until the second dose, I have to wait 16 weeks.

Even camping on wilderness Crown land is prohibited right now. That's akin to saying I can't camp in my own back yard. I largely ignore that one.

I've been sharpening my axes and chainsaws in preparation for the zombie apocalypse. 🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️ Every once in a while I dust off my bikes. Hopefully they haven't been outlawed by the time I can safely travel on one again :rolleyes:

The current lockdown is scheduled to end in a couple of weeks, but previous ones have been extended, or re-instated. In the meantime, maybe I'll buy a set of those mirrors, just for something to do.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow what a bunch of wackos at that church! There are a lot of extreme nutbugs in every religion, but that sounds more like a cult.

I feel bad for you man, our lockdown was comparatively short but it got hard to bear after a while. Light at the end of the tunnel!

·
Mark – 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
6,287 Posts
I've been sharpening my axes and chainsaws in preparation for the zombie apocalypse. 🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️ Every once in a while I dust off my bikes.
BMW is the motorcycle of choice for the post apocalyptic era ...

Reactions: sturgeon

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Hopefully your drive shaft seal doesn't leak again, or you'll be zombie breakfast.
That's where the chainsaws come in :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

@mikeS and @Panzermann can have their fancy-schmancy motorcycle toolkits; I'll keep my Husqvarna battery-powered chainsaw and clearing axe, thanks very much. It might be just urban legend, but I'm pretty sure you can't kill the un-dead with a pocket multi-tool 😜

·
Registered
164 Posts
I think I could fit them on the aluminium frame of my Barkbuster hand guards.
I have the Barkbusters frame also. The screw hole for the mirror mounts need to be drilled 1/4". I think that will work OK but not leave a lot of 'meat' on the frame.
What mirrors will you use? Are there bar end style mirrors that aren't as inaccurate? I wouldn't spend the money for CRG mirrors if they are, seemingly to me, that dangerous? I have no experience with any bar end mirrors.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
The spines on my Barkbusters are 3/4 x 3/8, and are drilled at each end for the mounting bolts at the bar ends and the inboard brackets. I’ve “dirt-nap tested“ those same spines extensively on other bikes including a fairly heavy F800GS and have not seen anything resembling damage around those bolt holes.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have the Barkbusters frame also. The screw hole for the mirror mounts need to be drilled 1/4". I think that will work OK but not leave a lot of 'meat' on the frame.
What mirrors will you use? Are there bar end style mirrors that aren't as inaccurate? I wouldn't spend the money for CRG mirrors if they are, seemingly to me, that dangerous? I have no experience with any bar end mirrors.
Not sure! I had a good set of bar ends on my Triumph many years ago, will try to find them again. I think they were genuine ones.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts