BMW R1200R Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Scrunching down and forward is not an option for me, otherwise I would have bought the RS. I have the medium and tall VStream for the R1250R. I believe the medium with an MRA X-Creen works better than the tall screen, which vibrates quite a bit at the top. The combo is a bit higher but low enough to allow me to see over the screen to a point 50’ ahead on the road and direct the wind over my helmet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
clutch-rs-handlebar.jpg
This is how my clutch hose touches the instruments. The brake one touches too if I keep the lever horizontal. How to solve? I really don`t like it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That`s how you dealt with it?

It was my first idea, rubber/plastic hammer maybe, but I don`t know how much bend can the connector suffer. Seems a bit rigid.

·
Mark – 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
6,287 Posts
Can you not simply loosen the junction at the master cylinder and rotate the curved pipe down and back a little, @gigisfan?

There's no way I'd be tapping it with an 'American screwdriver'.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Me neither, I don't want to weaken it in any way.

The junction is free to rotate (a bit), I tried, it doesn't stai behind. Probably the rs handlebar is a bit narrower (other that lower), and there is too much cable. The clean solution would be to change the hose (or at least the connector), but it isn't plug and play, so I'd like to see if anyone had a better idea

·
Mark – 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
6,287 Posts
I was at the dealership the other day and checked out the RS arrangement. There’s a wire restraining loop that keeps the clutch hose rearward - item 13 in the parts fiche diagram.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts